It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2000, 02:04 AM   #1

RoCkChIcK HB User
Unhappy brain frying

am i the only one thats ever felt this?? its hard to describe, but it hurts so bad inside my head...feels like my brain is frying. Lights/sounds/smells make it worse. cant hardly listen to music, read or go out anymore. Its been like this for a couple yrs. i have alot of other heath problems which came out after i caught mono, my muscles are all tight & my doc thinks i have fibromyalgia. But everytime i tell the doc about this horrible feeling in my head i just get a "hmmmm". I NEED HELP FOR IT - its the worst thing ive ever had to deal with. She did give me neurontin and it helps a little maybe, but not enuf. Could this be caused by circulation problems? or the nerves? i have no control over it and cant live with it forever, i dont even know how i managed this long

Old 01-02-2001, 07:37 PM   #2

jenfrog HB User

Did your doctor ever explore the possibility of migraine headaches? You say that music/noise and lights make it worse, which is consistent with migraines. Is there a certain part of the day (i.e. am vs pm) that the headache is worse? In general are the headaches becoming more frequent and more severe? Are you throwing up at all? What tests have you undergone to check this out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2001, 03:47 PM   #3

RoCkChIcK HB User
no no-one has ever mentioned anything about it being migraine. And the part of the day has nothing to do with the worsening of it...i can wake up a day with it not as bad and then a couple hours later it gets so bad i have to lie down, and then another day just wake up with it untolerable. So AM or PM makes no diff. But i know the more i try pushing myself (into reading or being around lights for example) the more intense it'll get.

The pain has been more severe lately, i mean its gradually becoming harder to deal with. im not throwing up, makes me feel like it but it takes alot for me to throw up. ive had 3 MRI's for it over a year ago but they didnt seem to show anything that concerns the docs. Well i know somethings wrong, i have to feel it!! This is so frustrating - way too many restrictions. And now i dont think im ever gonna get help for it as it seems im the only one thats ever felt this and they cant figure it out. Not to mention how many people probably just think im crazy :-(
i was at least hoping to find someone else thats feeling similar to know that im not alone and to see how they deal with it, because i really cant take anymore.

Old 01-20-2001, 09:43 PM   #4

Robert2 HB User
Smile

I have had the problem you are having. You actual have two problems and they are treatable. The main problem you are probably having is depression. This is not an illnes that your family doctor should be messing with. You need to see a prescibing psychiatrist. Neurontin is more of a medicine for seizures. There are much better medicines for depression but your family doctor probably can't prescibe them.

The pain problem is probably a stress headache. One of the problems with depression is that it causes your body to do strange things. One problem I have had is involuntary muscle contractions. They can cause pain all over and can also cause stress headaches. A psychiatrist will help you with that too. He will likely give you something to relax your muscles a little.

Make sure the psychiatrist you choose has a good reputation because there are some bad ones out there. In the meantime, try to relax, give yourself lots of quiet time and use pain killers and hot compresses for your headache. I like entric coated asprin best. Motrin is OK. Tylenol isn't very good for this type of headache and I find Nuprin to be worthless for anything.

Old 06-19-2001, 07:49 PM   #5

Braindead HB User
It definately sounds to me like migraine headaches. If you've never had one, you can feel like you are dying the first time you get one. Mention to your doctor that you think you may have a migraines and try to get medication for it. The ARE things out there that work.

Closed Thread