It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2001, 10:01 PM   #1

NW001 HB User
Post 2 in 1

Uh yeah, I have this problem with constantly being nervous. I force myself to be nervous. It's like there are two minds in my head. One that knows its stupid to be nervous over everything and one that wants to be nervous. When I get nervous I give myself stomachs alot too. I am so affraid of getting sick... I have been having constipation alot too. I often get physcotic when I am mad. I have ADD. I am a teenager. I don not take any drugs for my ADD. I get depressed alot too. But the worst thing is when I get nervous. I feel alot safer and less nervous when I am home in my room. This is reallt frustrating because I want to come out of this shell i am in. I want to go out and not be nervous. Just a few weeks ago I was in school and I wasn't so nervous then for some reason. I guess I was used to things then. It's like I have had a set back. I had this nervous problem when I got sick at my grandparents house a few years back. It took me forever to get out of it. DO I need therapy or something? My mom and dad also are seperated. My mom acts like a teenager. She lives farther away now cuz she just moved. I hate going over to her house because its so hectic there. She wants me to come over but i don't. I havent told her i just dont like it over there yet. SO what is wrong with me?! Please help if anyone can! thanks a bunch--

Old 07-02-2001, 02:03 AM   #2

Robert2 HB User
What's wrong is that you are a normal youngster caught in the middle of seperated parents who don't understand how it is affecting you. You need someone to talk to about your feelings. You could see a school guidance counselor or a minister in a church. In some cities, their are organizations where you can talk to someone.

Your problem is common to many thousands of youngsters. You are definitely not only.

Something else that will help you is participate in some kind of physical discipline. You could be on a softball team or take a martial arts class. Anything that helps you feel like you are in control of your body and mind will make you feel a whole lot better.

If you find it difficult to tell your parents how you feel, print out your statement and the responses you get and show it to them. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread