It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2001, 05:00 PM   #1

JVerbie HB User
Post Drug-related brain problem...help!

I'm a frightened teen and I'm hoping for some help before going for medical aid...first of all, I am NOT an illegal drug user/abuser, but last month, I was given several hits of LSD and tripped. It was a horrifying experience and I will never do it again. The problem is, (and this is now a month later) I am experiencing frightening brain/central nervous system problems and I'm not sure if they're related to the acid or not. I'm experiencing frightening vertigo-esque dizziness and panic attacks in the middle of the night, waking up with odd pains releasing from my brain down my back. I've been having a constant burning sensation in the base of my skull and an occasional pressure/pumping feeling on the left side of my upper brain. Am I imagining these things? Or should I go for help? Are these odd things related to the acid trip? What should I do?

Old 05-28-2001, 04:17 PM   #2

Robert2 HB User
There is LSD that is made by a drug company which very pure and used for medical purposes. Then, there is LSD made in some guys basement laboratory. It can have all kinds of contaminents and a slight mistake during manufacturing can leave the user completely paralyzed for the rest of their life. You got the LSD made by the amature in his basement. Chances are, it wasn't made just right.

Your only hope is to get into the hospital for treatment right away. You should have gone as soon as you knew something was wrong. Do not delay, every day you wait may make your problem that much more permanent. I suspect that the other people who were doing it are have problems also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2001, 04:57 PM   #3

Lost HB User
robert you are a true jackass. why don't you refrain from chastising and instilling with the body a true fear and provide some supportive words.

kid, go see a doctor.

Old 06-02-2001, 05:54 AM   #4

Robert2 HB User
I can see why your still LOST.

Old 07-14-2001, 08:29 AM   #5

yackie HB User
Hi,
I am a licensed registered pharmacist. Regardless of the LSD you did that night, your symptoms are not normal. I think you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. I would write down everything you want to discuss with the doctor AND a detailed list of dates, times, and what you were doing when these episodes occur. Don't know how old you are or what type of insuranceyou have. If you need to start with your primary care physician, schedule an appt immediately. Keep in the back of toyr mind that you really need to be evaluated by a neurologist. If your doctor does not give you a referral, tell him you really need it to have "piece of mind". If he suggests psychiatry (usually because alot of docs don't know what to do and use this as a catch all solution), tell him that may be a good idea for the future but right now you need to see a neurologist. Hopefully, most doctors will want to give you a referral without even asking.

With respect to neurology, check on this board to see if anyone has a recommendation for a good neurologist. If not, ask family and friends. You can also ask your general practitioner for the name of a doctor. If still no one, I would go into a local pharmacy early on a saturday or sunday (usually not so busy) and tell them you are experiencing problems for the first time and do they have any recommendations for a good neurologist. Go to an independent pharmacy, or a place where you observe pharmacists interacting with their customers. Many times pharmacists have formed opinions over the years of great and horrible doctors as they interact with people often (I know I have). This would be a good yet more anonymous path to take.

Do not,let any doctor look at you strange like it is all in your head or start scolding you for trying an illegal drug. Tell the doctor up front about the LSD. If you sense the physician is passing judgement or just wants to give you prozac (go wuth your gut feeling), than see another doctor til someone takes you seriously. Doctors are only human and sometimes they pass judgement which can cloud their response. You'll find a good one if you try.

Finally, if you are actually still reading this, you really do need to seek medical as soon as possible. The symptoms which you are describing may or may not be very serious, but they need to be evaluated by an MD as soon as possible. Good luck
Jackie

Closed Thread