It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2002, 06:06 PM   #1

Kristeen HB User
Question Need some help understanding what a choroid plexus cyst is.

I am a 44 year old female who has been having headaches for a couple of years now. The last one has lasted since January. I also have bouts of vertigo with them. After MRI I was told I have bilateral choroid plexus cysts. They are only 2 cm. and in the 4th ventrical,lateral part also they found peri ventricular foci. My nuerologists says the vertigo and headache are not related and I have nothing to worry about. But he can,t explain the head aches. ears are clear and so are sinus's. I have been searching the web and other places for info on these cysts in adults but I can't find anything for adults with this condition. Any help out there? Anyone with this condition?

Old 11-04-2004, 07:16 PM   #2

jaolsufka HB User
Re: Need some help understanding what a choroid plexus cyst is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristeen
I am a 44 year old female who has been having headaches for a couple of years now. The last one has lasted since January. I also have bouts of vertigo with them. After MRI I was told I have bilateral choroid plexus cysts. They are only 2 cm. and in the 4th ventrical,lateral part also they found peri ventricular foci. My nuerologists says the vertigo and headache are not related and I have nothing to worry about. But he can,t explain the head aches. ears are clear and so are sinus's. I have been searching the web and other places for info on these cysts in adults but I can't find anything for adults with this condition. Any help out there? Anyone with this condition?
Hi I just came across this board. I think your question is a couple of years ago not sure. I too was just diagnosed with bilateral choroid plexus cysts. If you get this please respond. I would love to hear from you.

Last edited by jaolsufka; 11-04-2004 at 07:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 08:51 AM   #3
Inactive

heart44 HB User

My husband's MRI indicated 1 cm choroid plexus cyst in atrium of both lateral ventricles. Conclusion: minimal to mild sinusitis. We see the neurologist next week.

I too having difficulty finding info that pertains to adults.
He took statins [Zocor, Lipitor] over the past 8 years. Since statins can cause cognitive issues [memory loss, irritable, concentration], stopped taking this summer.

He is having mild headaches and visual disturbance [amaurosis fugax].

I believe all this is related somehow.

Have you taken or are you taking a statin drug?

Frankie

Old 03-09-2005, 09:31 AM   #4
(female)

lovemyrinny HB User

I am an adult with bilateral choroid plexus cysts as noted on a recent MRI. I have a pituitary tumor and a pineal cyst. I am very interested to connect with other patients with choroid plexus cysts because I have not been able to find much in the reliable medical literature about adults with choroid plexus cysts. All of the literature discusses fetuses. Please reply, I'm anxious to talk to others!

Old 06-05-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
(male)

WinDancer HB User

Just came into this board. I too seem to have the same issues but as a 47 year old male. I found research confusing and very little on adult scenarios. If you find something, please reply and I will do the same. Thanks

Old 06-06-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
(female)

tammy6666 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinDancer View Post
Just came into this board. I too seem to have the same issues but as a 47 year old male. I found research confusing and very little on adult scenarios. If you find something, please reply and I will do the same. Thanks
Hi I found this site, might give you the answers your looking for, specific to adult choroid plexus cyst copy or paste link shown below good luck
[url]http://www.emedicine.com/radio/topic171.htm[/url]

Old 07-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
(female)

Darlene65 HB User
Question Re: Need some help understanding what a choroid plexus cyst is.

Like most of you, I was found to have this cyst in my left ventricle. It is a 1 cm, almost round cyst. I have been getting headaches for about 4 years, was found to have this cyst three years ago. I now go to a University Hospital and was told that the headaches are not related. I think they are some how. I have been going back on a yearly basis and it hasn't changed in the past three years....which is great news, but the headaches, vertigo, memory loss are still being said that it isn't related. I am not on any other meds, nor have I been in the past three years. Does anyone else have this going on too?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:54 AM   #8
(female)

NiteMama HB User

Yes, I am having the same problem as you. When I read this, I thought it was me.
I fell and hit my head in 2002 and that started the head pressure & numbness on my whole right side of my body. I have 1 Pineal Cyst and 3 Choriod Plexus papillomas. I have severe head pressure all of the time. On a 1 to 10 scale the pressure on my head is about a 2 to 3. When I go out in the sun light the pressure becomes more intense. fluorescent lights do the same. I am also having nauesa, memory loss and now I have started slurring my words at times. Just lately my head hurts so much I do not want anything to touch it. I have to sit in my chair and hold the back of my neck so my head will not touch the chair, and let me tell you that gets quite tiring. I am tired of Doctors telling me that it is nothing but they want to give me meds that dope me up all the time. I can not live doped up all of the time I want to try to enjoy my life. I have stopped taking the meds and I stay in a dark house all day long so I can keep the pressure down on my head at least this way I know what is going on and I am aware of everything. Because of this I am not able to work.

Last edited by NiteMama; 07-29-2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: After looking at this I realized I did not put everything down

Old 07-30-2008, 05:23 AM   #9
(female)

Darlene65 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMama View Post
Yes, I am having the same problem as you. When I read this, I thought it was me.
I fell and hit my head in 2002 and that started the head pressure & numbness on my whole right side of my body. I have 1 Pineal Cyst and 3 Choriod Plexus papillomas. I have severe head pressure all of the time. On a 1 to 10 scale the pressure on my head is about a 2 to 3. When I go out in the sun light the pressure becomes more intense. fluorescent lights do the same. I am also having nauesa, memory loss and now I have started slurring my words at times. Just lately my head hurts so much I do not want anything to touch it. I have to sit in my chair and hold the back of my neck so my head will not touch the chair, and let me tell you that gets quite tiring. I am tired of Doctors telling me that it is nothing but they want to give me meds that dope me up all the time. I can not live doped up all of the time I want to try to enjoy my life. I have stopped taking the meds and I stay in a dark house all day long so I can keep the pressure down on my head at least this way I know what is going on and I am aware of everything. Because of this I am not able to work.
I like to keep it dark in my house too. The kids are used to it, but the husband hates it. It makes my head feel better. I hate that they say the headaches aren't related. I have them every day, some are worse than others. Mine don't sound as bad as yours do. I am sorry for you. I know how you feel.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #10
(female)

NiteMama HB User

I describe my headaches more like head pressure not a regular headache like, tension or migrin headaches feel. Mine are right in the center of the skull it is like someone has their hands inside my head holding my brain and then they start moving it around.
My pressure is their 365 days a year, on a scale of 1 to 10 my pressure stays between a 2 to 3 I feel it everyday. As I have said when I go out into the sun or get under fluorescent lights my head pressure starts to peak or flare up more. I then start getting nauesated and want to go home to my dark house. This has changed my life so much. I still go out with my family and sometimes they can not tell how I am feeling I just do not tell them so they have their fun. I wish I could help bring money in to help my husband but I can not work with this pressure.

Closed Thread