It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2002, 11:57 AM   #1
(male)

chriscwharris HB User
Post Burning feling in head?

I get a burning sensation in the left side of my head quite often. My doctor has been treating me for anxiety/stress but don't know if that could be causing the burning.

I've also had a twitch in my chin, seems like the muscle spasms, pretty odd feeling.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have similar symptoms?

I'm seeing my doc a week Friday and I'll raise it with him again...

Old 08-15-2002, 08:10 AM   #2

missmoody HB User
Are you or have you ever been on any antidepressants? Antidepressants can cause uncontrollable muscle spams and twitching. It is a permanent side effect called Tardive Dyskinesia(TD).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2002, 06:37 AM   #3
(male)

chriscwharris HB User
I was on Cipramil (Celexa) for about 3 days! And Amytriptyline for about 6/7 weeks but nothing long term.

It's quite annoying as the burning feel only happens on the left side of my head.

Old 11-28-2004, 04:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
Re: Burning feling in head?

im having similar symptoms, i know some are to do with whatever it is ive got but the twitching i was wondering on the anti deppressants? im on effexor. Thanks, your advice has helped me too xapril x

Old 12-05-2004, 05:12 AM   #5

Sing Blue Silver HB User

Hi

Over the past couple of months ive too had this burning feeling, the only way i can describe it is like if you've put peroxide on your scalp, (sorry if that sounds daft ) its the only way i can desribe it, lol
My ex-boyfriend said he gets it too, but im afraid i dont know what it is, but im hoping to see my doctor soon, ill ask and see what she says?

Old 12-16-2004, 12:03 AM   #6
(female)

Yohamy HB User

I've also had the same feeling. I have a sinus problem and I've had a history of earaches. I don't think this explains the numbness that sometimes I feel in the left side of my head. I also have pressure that makes my ear hurt and it feels like it's going to explode! Also my eye feels like it's going to come out! This only happens when I'm doing homework, though, and it's usually at night. I'm hoping that it's nothing serious so I'm trying to remain calm. Whenever I feel the numbness and the pressure I lay on my left side and the numbness goes away, but the pressure is there. Whatever it is, it might be worsened by stress or the lack of sleep. Have faith that there is nothing wrong and that there are other people who understand what you are feeling.

Closed Thread