It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2003, 03:47 PM   #1

OkieGal HB User
Post head feeling heavy/pressure/dizziness when lying down

I have a weird feeling at the base on my head on the right side where your head rests on your neck.
I sometimes have a pressure sensation and my arms feel heavy. I also get dizzy sometimes when I lay on my right side. The dizzyness goes away as soon as I lift my head and change positions.
My ears have rang for as long as I can remember. Sometimes it feels like my ears clog up and the ringing gets louder. I can't sleep in a totally quiet room because the ringing is sooo loud I have to have a fan or something going to drown out the ringing.
Does anyone else feel this way. A few years back my doctor told me that it could be a pinched nerve in my inner ear. I dunno. Any comments or advice?
I am scared that this could be a tumor but I have had this for so long that I would have thought that if it is a tumor that my symptoms would have worsened.
I went to an ear, nose and throat doc and they ran lots of tests but couldn't find anything.
I am very frustrated and very worried
Please help!

Old 01-15-2003, 07:57 AM   #2

rgraf8 HB User
Hi Okiegal,

I responded to your earlier post about arm numbness and tingling. Please read since the newer symtoms you are describing are also related to the same thing. I can't answer the tumor question and am suprised that you haven't had a brain MRI with the dizziness symtoms to rule it out. If your conditions are due to refered pain and trigger points, you will respond to physical therapy. I still have the tinnitus (ringing in the ears), but all my other symptoms are significantly better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2003, 05:48 AM   #3
Veteran

Kamden HB User
Okie, Read Nates post and rgraf also had similar symptoms. When all else has been ruled out, there is a chance it is deep muscle related, and many docs overlook this as the cause. A physical therapist could find the problem if this is it though. You do not have to have any pain for this to be the source of your symptoms.

Old 01-26-2003, 06:59 AM   #4

Dodger8 HB User
Have you had an MRI of your brain? If not, I would insist on an MRI with and without contrast. Brain tumors and brain cysts can cause dizziness, ringing in your ears, etc. Please insist on having an MRI done soon. I hope and pray all goes well for you. Brain lesions also cause numbness and tingling, etc. My daughter suffered with a brain lesion for 4 1/2 years with no medical help. She had all of these symptoms.
Take care and God bless you.

Old 02-09-2003, 07:57 PM   #5

aunteeker HB User
Hi, I just thought I would let you know some of my symptoms...Dizzy, very dizzy most of the time and usually lying down does not help much. Also I have a numbness in my face. The left side of my face is numb. I also have a tick on the left side of my face. Not just a normal tick, but a Kicking tick...It will make the side of my face actually move..I just found out that the brain tumor I had before is back..I had a manengioma...sp?...It is a very slow growing tumor. Mine is very involved with my nerves and blood vessels. My left face and neck are involved this time. I have the roaring in my left ear so bad that it really bothers me. My dizziness is so bad some days that I throw up several times, and then other days it is just a nusance.. Anyway, my advice to you is to please go get a MRI..right away. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by aunteeker (edited 02-10-2003).]

Closed Thread