It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2003, 09:51 PM   #1

ronaldo1 HB User
Post Burning sensation in scalp..please help

I have a burning sensation in the right side of my scalp that has been there since mid 2002. I also have tingling in both hands and feet that comes and goes but lately has been persistent. I am being investigated for a number of other autoimmune diseases but have not yet had an MRI yet. I am scared that I may have MS as I have also had episcleritis (inflammation of my eyes). Can anyone provide an advice please?

Old 04-10-2003, 08:28 AM   #2
(female)

colleendol HB User
I've had the same problems since October. I have burning in my head, tingling feet and all over nerve pain that feels like bee stings. I've had all the tests for MS. I have lesions on my brain, but the rest of my tests came out fine (spinal tap, no muscle loss). They cannot diagnose me with anything. I'm on neurontin and it seems to help.

------------------
Colleen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2003, 03:20 AM   #3

ronaldo1 HB User
Thanks for replying.
Is the burning in your head caused by the lesions they found in your brain? Do brain lesions cause a feeling of pressure in your head as well?? Doesn't the existnce of brain lesions indicate MS??? Why have they not diagnosed this?

I just had an MRI done and I am waiting on the results. I feel that I must either have brain lesions or a brain tumour...I am preparing myself for the worst and I am terrified.

Old 04-14-2003, 10:50 AM   #4
(female)

colleendol HB User
I know exactly how you feel. Terrified! The brain lesions should not cause pain. My doctor could not diagnose MS because my spinal tap came out clean and I dont have any muscle loss. I got a second opinion from the director of the MS clinic at Johns Hopkins. He said the same thing. I either have some strange neuropathy or it could be the start of MS (although I dont have the typical symtoms). He said to go back in 6 months to be retested. I'm on Neurontin now and it has really helped my pain. Good luck!

------------------
Colleen

Old 04-16-2003, 11:25 AM   #5

Tinkerhell HB User
i developed a burning in my head too, and it seems like it developed after trying many antidepressents and xanax. any ideas?

Old 04-18-2003, 09:38 PM   #6

mark g HB User
I get a burning sensation in my scalp because of muscle spasms from the temporalis muscles. I have some sinusitis, I just had a root canal - and although my chiropractor massaged out those muscles, the inflammation from that (and from my allergies, TMJ and perio surgery) just spasmed up again. The pain you are feeling is likely from muscle spasm. The burning in your eyes can be from allergies or infection (including dental or low grade sinusitis). The loss of sensation in your fingers could be a neurological problem, or could be that the muscles around C7 or your shoulder or in your hand or wrist or arm are spasmed. In short, even if you had MS, what you are describing can be caused by other conditions, some of them 'benign' but painful - my head feels likes it's in a vise, because of the muscular spasm - what causes the spasm is another story. Likewise, I forget to drink enough water, because that can help flush out the waste products and other toxins. (My chiropractor helps for the muscular spasm.)

Old 04-18-2003, 09:46 PM   #7

mark g HB User
Look at the TMJ bulletin board. I've been getting headaches and burning sensation in my eyelids for years because of TMJ and allergies/sinus and dental infections. The tingling in the hands and feet are a different story - could be because of a neurological process - or it could be because of falls (rotated vertebra) or muscular spasm. It takes an experienced neurologist to diagnose some conditions, but it seems to me that some of the pain and other symptoms you are experiencing are result of muscular spasm and inflammation (which could be allergic in origin, in which case even a mild bout of sinusitis could send you over the brink...) Good luck.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #8
(male)

djpatd HB User
Re: Burning sensation in scalp..please help

I have this too. A burning sensation in the scalp. Somethink it is related to withdrawal effect to a benzodiazepine that I was on and cold turkeyed. My doc thought it was a cluster headache/migraine but the med he prescribed is not helping.

Last edited by djpatd; 08-28-2006 at 09:33 PM. Reason: get bulletin

Old 11-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #9
(male)

Scimitar529 HB User
Re: Burning sensation in scalp..please help

I've had burning in the back of my head for quite some time which, I am quite sure, is related to the awful headache I had days after experiencing it. There were pains all over my head and just a general feel of my head being too small for my brain. I had that one headache and then had another some time later very similar to it, but recently I've also been experiencing a few mouth aches. My doctor said it was, from what I told her, Sinusitus. So, she put me on some meds but I'm not sure they helped at all because, while I haven't had another headache, I'm still feeling the burning and occasional head pains.

Some time back, I also felt some knee pain in both knees simulataneously, oddly enough. That lasted for a day, and the next day, the pain was only in my left knee. The pain then radiated out to my upper leg and just a little past my shin, and even the underside of my knee was hurting. And now, for whatever reason, my other knee started hurting and, today at least, my feet started tingling.

Yeah, I'm at a loss too, and I'm pretty concerned since no one is giving me straight answers. I did, however, do a little searching and found the estimated number of MS sufferers in the United States. If it puts you at ease at all, only an estimated 400,000 people have been diagnosed with the disease, and there are 301,139,947 people currently living here. So, if we subtract 400,000 from that number, we get -

As you can see, while there's no telling if you or I have the disease or not, the chances are quite, quite low. The odds are literally almost 4 in 3,010. Try drawing that winning lottery ticket.

Closed Thread