It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2003, 11:22 AM   #1

deanfaith HB User
Post tingling, burning, and numbness in hands and feet

For a couple of months I have noticed tingling, burning and itching feelings in hands and feet. I will get numbness at end of fingertips. It comes and goes all day. I don't feel as much if I am busy and active. I wonder if I have made myself sick worring about this or something is going on. I do think it might be back related, but unsure because feeling is also felt sometimes in right elbow and runs down forearm and inside right leg above the knee. I did have my blood pressure go up about 3 weeks ago and the dr thought it was stress related and I am watching diet, and exercising. Dr ran bloodtests and everything was normal except Rhematoid Factor was 41 (normal is 0-20) I am going to Rhematologist this week. Could this be part of Rhematoid Arthritis or Fibermalagia? Please let me know if this sound like a symptom related. Thank you.

Old 08-03-2003, 09:33 PM   #2
Inactive

projapoti HB User
It seems like the symptoms you're having are more sensory related. Rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia will appear more as pain in the joints and muscles respectively.

Are you diabetic by any chance? Have you hurt your back at all in the recent past? How old are you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2003, 06:06 AM   #3

deanfaith HB User
Thanks for your reply, I am 36 and I did have bloodwork this month and Dr said that my sugar level was fine and had no signs of diabetes. I have had back problems for years, no injuries, but if I overdue I feel the effects for a few days, possibly could be degenerative back problems. Today I feel pretty good,and have been feeling better with exercise and diet, but I can't help but worry. Some have said it might be stress related.

Thanks for you reply,

Old 08-14-2003, 01:03 PM   #4

hdiodati HB User
Question

Hi, I'm new to this board and found it doing a search on tingling hands and feet.

Off and on for about two years, my feet have been getting swollen (I press on them and it leaves an indentation) then it goes away for awhile. Now they are severely swollen for the last two days and are tingling. My legs are tingling as well and also my hands.

I thought maybe I'm retaining water because I'm not taking enough in but even when I drink alot of water I still have these symptoms. I turned 50 this year and I'm perhaps 10 pounds or less overweight (5'7" 150 lbs)

Any ideas? (also, a doctor told me two years ago when it first happened that it's due to aging and to put my feet up - even overnight, being asleep, I get up - they're still swollen!)

Thanks so much.

Heather

[This message has been edited by hdiodati (edited 08-14-2003).]

Old 02-25-2007, 05:16 AM   #5
(male)

TonyK HB User
Re: tingling, burning, and numbness in hands and feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanfaith View Post
Thanks for your reply, I am 36 and I did have bloodwork this month and Dr said that my sugar level was fine and had no signs of diabetes. I have had back problems for years, no injuries, but if I overdue I feel the effects for a few days, possibly could be degenerative back problems. Today I feel pretty good,and have been feeling better with exercise and diet, but I can't help but worry. Some have said it might be stress related.

Thanks for you reply,
did you have the ANA test done? antinuclear antibody.. and what were the results of the rest of the rheumatology work up?

Closed Thread