It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 12:20 AM   #1

Tascha HB User
Exclamation Hit my head, now I'm VERY DIZZY!!!

One month ago I was getting ready to go to bed, I turned off the lights and then misjudged where the pillow was and slammed my head onto the wooden arm rest of my futon bed. The impact was so strong that I I could feel it on the other side of my head. It was very late, and I was very tired so I just thought "screw it, I'm just going to go to sleep and not worry about it."
The following day (I think it was the next day, but it could have been a few days later), I suddenly became dizzy. I have had dizzy spells before and just brushed it off.
A few days later I went to my rental office to pick up the new key to my building and I couldn't remember what # my apartment was! I have lived here 3 years and I was completely blank. I found this to be very unusual, but I didn't associate it to me hitting my head.
Then I had slight dizziness almost every day for the first week. I also had headaches too.
The 2nd week my next door neighbour refinished their wooden floor with an oil based varnish and was so toxic that it made my head spin! (Or at least I thought it was the varnish, it still could have been the hit to my head).
Then week 3 I only had mild dizziness, but I wasn't too bothered with it. Week 4 the dizziness became more intense and I finially went to the doctor. The doctor wasn't that worried. She is going to send me to a neurologist, but I can't get an appointment for 3 weeks. I'm worried that my brain could be swollen or bleeding inside. I'm really worried. This dizziness and nausea is quite severe and came on so suddenly. I am pretty convinced that it has to do with the head injury. What do you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2003, 06:40 PM   #2
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Question

You should see your doctor to rule out any medical cause
for your symptoms.

If nothing is found, you may have a compression fixation
of a joint between the bony plates of your cranium.

It is unlikely that your brain is swollen or bleeding.

Your symptoms are typical of this joint compression
which is not serious except for the symptoms.

A neuromuscular therapist trained in cranial decompression,
a very gentle technique despite the name, could help
you in about twenty minutes worth of treatment.

------------------
~p

[This message has been edited by plymouth (edited 08-10-2003).]

Old 08-15-2003, 08:35 PM   #3

Tigre HB User
It sounds to me that you might have had a mild concussion or something. I myself am recovering from a bad head trauma (5-6 ft metal partition door fell and split my head open) I had a concussion, vertigo and all the dizziness as well. I now have partial complex seizures where I was hit and sustained a bulging disc in my neck and such. Bruising on the brain and so on....get to the neurologist as soon as you can so they can run the proper tests. The brain is still a mystery and so many things can happen. Many of my symptoms other than the vertigo have shown up months after the accident which was on 1/18/03. Dont mess around with "just a hit on the head" thats what i thought as well. Only the doc can give a proper diagnosis, I wouldnt jot it down to fumes or anything else. See the neurologist even if only for peace of mind...best of luck to you.

------------------

Tigre

Tigre

Old 08-17-2003, 05:06 PM   #4

Tascha HB User
Thank you so much for your replies.
I went to emergancy today because of the dizziness. The said everything was in order. My reflexes are perfect. The doctor thinks it may be a inner ear problem or concussion that will just resolve itself in time.
I will be getting a CT next week just to be sure.

Old 08-18-2003, 06:45 AM   #5

Tigre HB User
I'm glad that you went to get it checked, but my suggestion is to request and MRI. The day of my accident I had a CT scan and they said it was "ok". Yet here I sit with new diagnosis every time I go see a referred doctor. Please just keep after the doctors until you are satisfied. Concussions do take some time to heal, mine took dang near 4 months but still...there could be other underlying probs...my eyes and ears were checked as well and came back ok..somthing has to be causing all of your symptoms and please keep checking till they have a solid diagnosis. A cranial mri will show better than the CT scan and maybe you should see a neurologist to get an EEG done....thats how i found out about the seizures, I had no idea that the symptoms that I was experiencing were that complex. I wish the best of luck to you and please keep posted on results, I pray that all will come back fine and just keep after them until your satisfied or all the symptoms are finally resolved. Take care.

------------------

Tigre

Tigre

Closed Thread