It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2003, 07:15 PM   #1

jeopardymom HB User
Post Strange internal quivering

I'm a 47 yoa white female two yrs postmenopausal on no meds, no health issues other than tinnitus and chronic headaches (doc did xrays 10 yrs ago and said I had an "extra" cervical rib which might be causing this - but I learned to live with it).
But whatever is happening inside me I cannot understand. I am "quivering" inside, vibrating - like I've had 100 cups of coffee - I do not have tremors, or shaky hands or jumpy limbs. Just this quivering that goes on day and night for the past week, and last night when I lay down I could FEEL the organs in my abdomen shaking.
I can't go to the doc, not unless I have to, as we just applied for new life insurance last month. I have read some on Parkinsons and MS (last night) and these don't seem to apply. Whats going on? Sitting here now I could swear my body was "electrified". I eat a lowcarb diet, drink moderately, exercise, my weight and blood presure are good . . . any input QUICKLY is appreciated.

Old 08-31-2003, 09:43 PM   #2

wildskies HB User
Hi Jeopardymom,
I am a 50 year old white female who has been complaining (to no avail) about an internal quivering I feel ONLY at night when I lay still in bed. I don't shake visibly on the outside, either, but I feel like my torso is electrified or quivering internally. I have had this for a year or so, and I too, had a total hysterectomy three years ago. Doctors don't seem to have a clue, but I'm not having more tests, etc. as I already have several medical issues I'm dealing with nd don't want to hear any more. At this point, it's nothing I can't live with...I just hope it doesn't get worse. I never feel it during the day....even when sitting still on the sofa.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 12:00 PM   #3

jeopardymom HB User
Thanks for your reply, wildskies. It is VERY good to know someone else has similar symptoms, although mine I can feel 24/7.
Just to clarify I am 2 yrs postmenopausal but with no surgeries, and I don't take anything for meds outside of an occassional OTC pain reliever.
Any others who can add anything?

Old 09-04-2003, 03:10 PM   #4

LifeJourney HB User
My first post so I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly, but wanted to say that that has happened to me too. I'm 47, about five years postmenopause. I call it "vibrating" for lack of a better word. It feels as though your entire insides are vibrating although its usually concentrated in my hands and arms. And it only happens when I'm still, lying down and trying to sleep. When I'm active, as someone said above, it doesn't happen. I hate it. It scares me. I have wondered whether its the beginning stages of MS or something else. I also have another problem going on that I haven't yet figured out. It involves pressure in my head, losing my balance but not really feeling dizzy as that feeling is experienced, and hearing a noise that seems to come from far away and sounds something like a large drill drilling for oil. I went to a doctor today and, while telling her what was going on with me, even I sounded to myself that I should be referred to a psychiatrist which is what the first doctor I went to a month ago about this told me. I would love to know what the heck is going on with me. If anyone ever figures out what that vibrating is, or what it is from, please tell the rest of us. I'd like atleast one mystery solved.

Old 09-04-2003, 06:10 PM   #5

jeopardymom HB User
LifeJourney
Thanks for your reply. I'm wondering, reading your post, about the loss sense of balance and sounds. That COULD be a form of tinnitus; while I have tinnitus (for more than 10 yrs) and suffer from a constant highpitched ringggggggg that never goes away, many, many people sufer from hypercussis (I think I said that right)and report symptoms similar to yours. If you want to check it out, I belong to the HearUSA.com tinnitus support message board, and you might want to post there and ask.
As for the vibrations, the hyperdrive we feel, what did your doctor say? I am making an appointment to go for a physical as soon as they can get me in and will report back with my report back with my results. In the meantime I am slowing down on my caffeine and alcohol intake(which is minimal) and trying to exercise more and hoping that this weird sensation will not become a permannet fixture of my life as my tinnitus is. Just remember we're not nuts. These are real symptoms - something is going on.
Take care.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:53 PM   #6

wildskies HB User
Hi again,
Lifejourney.....I don't feel it in my hands or arms....I feel it mainly in the trunk of my body so it actually feels like my insides and organs are quivering/vibrating more than any other part of me. All I can say is that this is truly a strange thing. I also wonder if any of you have diabetes or high sugar? I didn't start getting these symptoms until my sugar became high enough for doctors to caution me that I was heading for diabetes. May not be related at all, but it's a thought. I am going to visit a doctor next week and an acupuncturist tomorrow. If will try to remember to mention this to them, but I have so many other ailments, I may forget. If I learn any possible theories, I'll be sure and let you know. I have chronic pain in my legs and the doctors have suggested I may have a nerve problem, but nobody's certain. Regardless, best of luck to all!

Old 09-08-2003, 08:57 PM   #7

wildskies HB User
p.s. - the reason I mentioned diabetes is because it can cause NERVE DAMAGE.

Old 09-10-2003, 02:31 PM   #8

whitman HB User
Hi my name is Gary. Recently I have had to take four weeks off work due to a variety of symptoms including dizziness and confusion. One of the most worrying symptoms is what I can only describe as an `inner quivering` which is more pronounced when I am tied and as the day wears on. I am waiting for an MRI but I am quiet worried. Do any of the people on here who have the same thing have the dizziness and numbness down one side?

Old 09-13-2003, 04:13 PM   #9

Murphy HB User
Hi Gary, try to get a Brain & Cervical spine MRI at the
same time. Saves time & lets them know if you might have a pinched nerve. I'm still being Dx for ? Temple
pressure & quivering-ear drum driving me nuts. I think
it's a reaction of the trigeminal-nerve (CN5). 10 ENT's
have said it's stress! Hope England has better answers.
I'm not dizzy but finally had EMG test that showed a
C5-6 pinched nerve. That's why I get numb on arm/hand/
shoulder. You may have a inner-ear problem too. I'll
ck. back & good luck to both of us.

Old 10-02-2003, 07:36 PM   #10

ifaiiingstari HB User
Red face

Hey there.. I am a 19 year old girl from nj. I have had this "internal quivering" for a few years now. My insides shake 24/7. I never feel calm or collected, and always feel edgy and nervous. During the mornings, i wake up sick to my stomach with the shakin and throughout the day, i continue with the quiverings. Can anyone help me.

Old 10-07-2003, 03:51 PM   #11

singup2him HB User
Question

i empathize completely. i am a 22 yr old female. for the last couple of years i've been experiencing internal tremors. it's the weirdest thing. my body doesn't visibly shake externally, but on the inside i feel as if everything is jumping around, sometimes violantly. it happens mostly when i wake from taking a nap, or if i get woken up during sleep. it lasts anywhere from 15-60 minutes. if i go back to sleep it'll continue shaking while i'm trying to sleep. i also tend to experience nausea as well, but i'm not sure if there is a correlation with the shaking. i've only found one other person that has this same thing and she is a 45yr old mid-menopausal woman. please someone shed some light or help me understand what is going on. thank you...michelle

Old 10-07-2003, 05:24 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

delrae4753 HB User
I used to have the same internal quivering I thought it was related to late night coffee well i quit drinking the coffee and any caffinated beverages and it still continued then about 3 years ago i was diagnosed with neuropathy was put on meds and the quivering stopped you might want to be chaeck for any type of doabetes , nerve damage etc/

Old 10-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #13

Bodendo HB User
I'm not sure if this helps but here is my 2 cents. Try reading up on RLS or restless leg syndrome. This is what my Neurologist diagnoed me with after years of a Shaky feeling. Its usually located toward the trunk of the body but there are a lot of cases where people even experience it through their whole body(like me). Its generaly worse at night and alcohol make it worse for most people. There is even a board for Restless Leg Syndrome here. Hope this helps someone.

Closed Thread