It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2003, 01:31 PM   #1

eman22 HB User
Post Numbness and tingling on scalp

For the past 10 days my scalp feels as though I have air bubbles under the skin. This must sound crazy because I think so myself, but its the only way to describe it. I have no pain, but the tingling sensation has moved though out the entire area of my scalp and wont team to go away. It started off with pressure on my temples and now feels as though I have chills on my scalp. Anyone know what this could be?

Old 05-07-2003, 01:00 PM   #2

googoodoll HB User
could be a pinched nerve-chiropractic care could help! good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2003, 10:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
I have the same thing along with some other symptoms. Please let us know if you figure out what the cause is. I wish I had some answers for you.

Old 06-02-2003, 09:00 AM   #4
(female)

Cldwv HB User
Are your ears ringing?

Old 06-04-2003, 12:42 AM   #5

coley91 HB User
Ive been having similar things. Ive had tingling on my left side of my face and now on my head. Its weird. Ive also been having ear ringing. Could this mean something? I am nervous about it. I am a 30 year old female. Any one know?

Old 06-09-2003, 11:58 AM   #6

razoo40 HB User
Coley91.
I'm from Calgary also. Who have you seen?
I am having the same problems with the ears ringing, head and face numbness and tingling. Doctor said stress and anxiety. He caused the anxiety in the first place by not offering any thoughts just drugs!!!
I do not have anymore anxiety but the symptoms are still there. do you have blurred vision also? Physio and massage therapy can not find an answer to this.
Can someone tell me where to go next?

Old 06-10-2003, 06:42 AM   #7
(female)

Cldwv HB User
I went to the doctor a few months ago because I had a really stiff neck and ringing ears. I was prescribed Zoloft and sent on my way! I was told that I suffer from too much stress and was making myself sick. Since then, the only symptom I'm having is the ringing ears and the horrible side effects from the Zoloft. I stopped taking the Zoloft about 4 days ago and it's going pretty well, at least compaired to some of the horrible stories I've read on the Drug Interaction message board. I don't feel normal and have many weird symptoms that I know are from Zoloft related withdrawl.

Your symptoms are very similar to mine. I'm beginning to suspect that poor posture, constant computer work, and maybe even stress are at the root of my problem. I had a pinched nerve and carpal tunnel a year ago and was helped by physical therapy.

Old 06-10-2003, 09:16 PM   #8

coley91 HB User
Talking

Hi... yay that your from calgary too! Apparently, I had a pinched nerve in my neck as well. It was causing the tingling in my head. I got a massage, and the tingling went away. I was helping my husband install a fan... and I was lifting it over my head... suddenly my neck cranked and the tingling re appeared. So... neck trouble can cause tingling in the head... almost a numbness. It scared me pretty bad. ICK... not pleasant when you think its a brain tumor or something. I hope thats what yours is too!

Old 06-16-2003, 06:44 PM   #9

razoo40 HB User
It all started with a pulled back muscle from lifting and then worked it's way up to my neck,head,ears(dr. thought ear infection, but not). I was later dianosed with myofascial pain syndrome and I would be fixed up in no time. That didn' happen either. It's been 2 years and 4 physiotherapists, shrink, 2 doctors and massage therapist. Only 60% better. What I need here is a good massage therapist or physiotherapist in Calgary to go to. Also a new doctor who listens.

Old 06-17-2003, 07:39 AM   #10

eman22 HB User
Hi everyone, thats for responding. In the past month I have had to take some time off of work and during that time, having eliminated some of my stress as well as getting away from the computer, I noticed the tingling sensations went away. Now that im back to work, the symptoms have returned, but I try not to focus too hard on the computer screen because it seems to trigger it. I dont know if that is the cause, but I would definately have to say that for me, constant strain on the eyes as well as everyday stress is the cause.
I would have to agree you all though, a massage would be a great idea, for whatever the reason!

Old 06-17-2003, 07:41 AM   #11

eman22 HB User
Hi everyone, thanks for responding. In the past month I have had to take some time off of work and during that time, having eliminated some of my stress as well as getting away from the computer, I noticed the tingling sensations went away. Now that im back to work, the symptoms have returned, but I try not to focus too hard on the computer screen because it seems to trigger it. I dont know if that is the cause, but I would definately have to say that for me, constant strain on the eyes as well as everyday stress are the root of the problem.
I would have to agree you all though, a massage would be a great idea, for whatever the reason!

Old 07-09-2003, 04:42 AM   #12

aridium HB User
Red face

I have had this for years - sometimes it drives me crazy!! I have seen many doctors and even had a brain MRI. They say it's stress and anxiety.

I may try the massage route - i am convinced there is something wrong with my neck. They never listen.

Maybe I am just a hypocondriac?

Old 07-09-2003, 10:25 PM   #13

msomers HB User
Wow, This is amazing I thought I was the only one in the world w/ this unexplainable tingling sensation. The tingling in my head has gotten considerably worse. Its now more of numbness..I even notice visible signs of the problem. The skin in my forehead for instance has shown signs of adnormal wrinkling and discoloration. Its pretty weird. I'm wondering if this a form of brain disfunction. The sensations has turned my focus inward and made it increasingly difficult to maintain normal healthy relationships. I don't know if its depression, stress, a nerve problem..or what. Everyone in my family senses something is wrong, but don't know what to do..I try to explain that it feels like there is a blockage in my forehead..but its just to ludicrous to understand. I have always been a pretty charismatic, outgoing guy, so this has sort of changed my life quite a bit..I keep waiting for it to go away but it hasn't and its been two years. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the advice. Thanks. Matt

Old 07-10-2003, 06:55 AM   #14

aridium HB User
Hi Matt,

I'm not far from you. Would be good to meet and knock heads together. It turned me into a worry wart of immense proportions.

Speak soon
Paul

[This message has been edited by aridium (edited 10-13-2003).]

Old 07-10-2003, 10:08 PM   #15

alenachivon HB User
I am so glad I came upon this message board. I have had the tingling sensation on the left side of my head for some time now, but I thought it was due to not taking my Lexapro (for anxiety depression) on a regular basis. There has been little or no stress in my life since dropping my Spring Term in college, so that's a plus. But the head always starts out tingling and then the numbness occurs. It lasts for a brief moment, usually not painful but there's a definite pressure felt, but it has become more regular. I also have dizziness when sleeping, with my eyes closed. My left hand often contracts, pulling all my fingers together, which is often quite uncomfortable. I spoke with a new Dr. today and she scheduled me for a CT. Said I passed the physical exam (squeezing of the hands, pressing on your feet, walking in a straight line, etc) but she was uneasy about the numbness. Wanted to make sure I didn't have a blood clot or a brain tumor. What I find fascinating is that almost everyone here has the tingling on the left side, is this correct? And that it helps being away from a computer? I'm a writer and I'm always in front of my computer. I'm not sure if my ears ever ring. This is all very interesting. Thank you for your comments. I don't feel so alone any more.

[This message has been edited by alenachivon (edited 07-11-2003).]

[This message has been edited by alenachivon (edited 07-11-2003).]

Closed Thread