It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 06:04 PM   #1

mcoffey42 HB User
Has anyone been told they have Enlarged Ventrilces?

My CT scan and MRI both came back with enlarged ventricles on the right side. Which suggests hydrocephalus.

I am waiting to here back from Neuro after he see's the actual films MRI and CT scan. to see what comes next.

I would love any advice or help you can offer.

The symptoms you have and what has helped you.

My symptoms are: Pressure on the right side of my head, from above right eye, the right jaw bone feels tensed. I have a "floating"feeling, very off balance, legs feel weak and shakey after I have been out of bed for a while. hard to focus, concentraton is off, memory is off and I stuble over my words.
The headache does not keep me up at night, but the minute I wake up it is there.
I also posted at the headahce board, was not really sure where this should be posted at.
Thanks

Old 01-27-2005, 04:47 AM   #2
(female)

cleopatra` HB User
Re: Has anyone been told they have Enlarged Ventrilces?

Hi
When I was having tests done, a ct scan of my brain picked up enlarged ventricles and I believe it was on the right side also. My Neurologist wasn't too concerned she said I was probably born that way. But when they did the MRI it showed the chiari's and it turned out the ventricle was enlarged because of the blocked fluid.
I hope you find out what's causing yours soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread