It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2005, 08:43 AM   #1

Kean HB User
Symptoms list any ideas:

Hi for the past 9 months i have been getting the following symptoms:
swallowing problems: lump in throat/ears pop and ache.
sinus headache/nasal stuffiness: dry no catarh as if inflammed
neck ache
tingling in hands.
headaches, tension and pulsing plus *****ly sharp stab between eyes, pain behind eyes, burning in temples.
vision problems: floaters, negative images, seeing stars, black blotches
Insomnia: cant get to sleep, feel dizzy, wake up with headaches.
fatigue due to lack of sleep probably.

i am seeing neurologist next month...at the moment quack has given amitryptaline low dose for sleep which i think helps a bit.

any ideas

thanks people.

K

Old 02-16-2005, 04:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User
Re: Symptoms list any ideas:

make sure he does and MRI to rule out disorders like MS or Chiari Malformation (which I have) alot of disorders have similar symptoms like lyme disease, prenacious anemia, and even a thyroid problem can lead to it. So see what the dr says before you start worrying some of these are as simple as a tablet or a monthly injection to get back to feeling great, while others are a tad more complex but then again a tad more rare

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2005, 05:16 AM   #3

Kean HB User

ive just checked out a Charie (Spelling?) website...and the symptoms are so similar to mine....But im 26...is it possible for these symptoms not to show until 9 months ago...or wouldnt it have shown earlier?

cheers

Old 02-17-2005, 04:48 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User

They actualy commonly develope in early adulthood, mine just popped up one day when I was 12.....so yeah it can just happen one day. We have 54yr old diagnosed

Old 02-18-2005, 03:58 AM   #5

Kean HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirafaye
They actualy commonly develope in early adulthood, mine just popped up one day when I was 12.....so yeah it can just happen one day. We have 54yr old diagnosed
so wot are your symptoms then mate?

Old 02-18-2005, 06:40 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User

hhmmm where to start, numbnees in fingers and wierd feelign down right side, headaches/miagraines, troubles swallowing, nystgmus, loss of depth percetption periodically, extrme fatigue, acheness, extreme pain in my rgith arm, loss of right leg and arm coordination and strength, loss of memory, pain in back of head, drop attacks, vomiting and constant nausa, insomnia, when I do get to sleep sleepign liek the dead and trouble waking, breathe problems, missing heart beats, partial periodic paralysis, hearing problems, hiccuping (like insane painful high pitched ones lastign for 10mins) dizzyness, vertigo, ringing in ear, ecessive thirst, extreme itchiness and sweating, intolerance to bright light or loud distrubing noise, skin problems, unequal pupils, problem focasing on text......

I think, except for the ones concerning the bladder, bowels, and sexual organs and stuff I have most other symptoms....even the stupid one liek loosing lots of eyelashes?!

But then again my MRI used adjectives liek severe chiari and extensive syrinxs running form C2-T10, C3-down has a huge central syrinx.

I spent a day recouperating after packing car, driving, shopping and comming home, I coudl hardly stand all day and just felt sick!

Old 02-18-2005, 08:29 AM   #7

Kean HB User

hmm some of it sounds familiar but then again i guess it could be anything

do you get any visual symptoms like floater, negative images, blotches and shimmering?

cheers thanks for your help and i hope you feel better after treatment etc.

kean

Old 02-18-2005, 05:21 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User

I get floaters, blotchers and shimmering, I just shove them all in visual distrubances. And yes alot of these thigns could be anything, that why a MRI and good full blood test shoudl be done.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:28 AM   #9

Kean HB User

thanks guys.

should i suggest it to doctor...or let him just do his stuff?

cos the NHS here in england are tres reluctant to do scans if they can help it...wot it being paid for by the tax payer etc...

kean

Old 02-22-2005, 04:55 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User

I'd address the issue of wanting an MRI to rule out more extreme things and blood tests shoudl be alrigth as logn as u disscuss with ur dr what ur looking for....

Old 02-22-2005, 07:21 AM   #11

Kean HB User

does this condition cause body temperature problems? cos yesterday the house was cold i.e. the heating was off but i was sweating and flushed...this happens about once a month....all the symptoms are cylical.

Closed Thread