It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 09:19 AM   #1

worried18uk HB User
Blood Tests: Please Answer...

If you have a blood test, will doctors be able to track if there is any abnormalities in the brain and other vital organs?

thanks

Old 08-12-2005, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Blood Tests: Please Answer...

when any blood tests are done, unfortunetly it would be almost impossible to test for all possible things in just one test.Blood tests used to determine whether or not a specific area is suffering from some sort of a disorder are very specific to that area.In some cases, certain enzyme levels can tell you up to a certain pont,if other areas are suffering some sort of problem.But this is not the norm.

To really check for any abnormalities, any tests would have to be geared to that specific area along with some sort of possible radiologic films done,or other types of testing.If you are having a problem in a specific area they would test that area with all kinds of tests not just bloodwork.is there some sort of a problem you are having in a certain area that you have concerns about or are you just asking?FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #3

worried18uk HB User

Ok thank-you

I've actually been getting headaches, but more like heavy head and other symptoms where i actually do think major things are wrong with me, but i do think i may have some sort of anxiety disorder... but i have had a blood test which showed i was fit so i was just wondering, say if i had a neurological problem, it doctors would get some sort of sign from it 2 test other areas

Old 08-13-2005, 06:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I really do think the best thing to do would be to see a neurologist to find out if what you are experiencing is neuro related or just part of your anxiety.You could be experiencing the anxiety BECAUSE of a possible problem.The neuro would be able to do some simple tests right in his office and also do a neurological eval on you.He would then possibly send you for an MRI to see if there actually IS anything in the brain that needs some sort of attention.At least this would let you know if there is anything to actually be concerned about or put your mind at ease.I do think this would be your best bet at this point since you seem to have some major concerns.It never hurts to get these things checked out you know?better safe than sorry.good luck and keep me posted,K?FB

Closed Thread