It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

lars2005 HB User
Feet and Hands feel numb but arent

I have been having Chest pain for a while, I was told it was gerd.

Thogh in the past few weeks I have had, a Feeling in my hands and and preferably my feet. I get very sharp pains and my feet more than my hands but bother feel as if their are numb spots. Such as yesterday i woke up and the innetr part of both my heels were numb. Thogh when I rubbed them on my bed, i felt the bed and when I touched then and pinched them. I still have 100% sensation as if I didnt have the numb feeling. I just hve little pop ups of thiss all around my legs and arms sometimes. I also aave really bad pains, that when I look at the place were the pain had taken place. I see a vein, so I generally think its my veins that are hurting. I have no idea anybody got anything for me?

Old 09-23-2005, 05:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Feet and Hands feel numb but arent

it sounds as though you are having reoccuring episodes of some sort of sensory nerve affectation.You don't always 'lose" full sensation,it kind of feels like it is way underneath the skin in some way but yet you feel full sensation on top???Am i describing it correctly?i have this in many different ares of my body due to extensive and varying types of spinal cord damage to nerves and tracts within the cord.What you are describing,combined with the chest pain could be an indication of something going on either within the cord itself or within the vertebrae(much more likely actually).i would see your doc for a referral to a good neurologist or neurosurgeon for a full neuro eval.Your primary can also okay an MRI for you before even sending you out to see if there IS indeed something obviously there.even starting with an x ray would tell you if there are any large bone spurs or even herniated discs present.i would definitely talk to your doc about this.You definitely have SOMETHING that is affecting a sensory nerve in order to be feeling the sensations you currently have.please keep me posted.Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
(female)

Shadowrider HB User

See if this is what you mean...

Have a person hold out on of their index fingers straight. You lay your index finger right under theirs, so that the two "bottoms" of the fingers (palm sides) are against each other. It works best if the tips of the fingers are NOT lined up with each other. Each person's index finger tip is facing or pointing toward the other person's palm.

Then, you take your free hand, thumb and index finger, and "feel" or stroke along your friend's finger and your finger which are being held together. Does that kinda feel like your feet feel? Have your friend do it and he/she will see what your feet feel like.

when I was a kid, we used to do this and called it (sorry, this is gross) "Dead Man's Finger." Now that my feet are like you are describing (I had a severe brain injury last year), it is a way to show others how your feet feel, including your doc!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

lars2005 HB User

Well, il try that when my brother gets home. My doctor thinks its anxiety, this is a very common symptom of anxiety.

Closed Thread