It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:00 AM   #1

ConnieV HB User
Vascular Loop -????

Hi everyone. I had an MRI back in July because I was having numbness on the right side of my face and my eyelid and eyebrow would twitch.

The MRI showed a vascular loop on the right side of my head. It makes sense really because I occasionally get these spasms just behind my right ear which if I put pressure on it, will stop it from being so bothersome.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this loop and if they can share some info with me. I have no idea what this means for me. I know that it means the artery has stretched so to speak. But, what are the problems with them? Strokes? Anuerysms? I hope not!! That scares me to no end!!! What are the treatments if any? Thank you so much....Connie

Last edited by ConnieV; 09-29-2005 at 08:00 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to ConnieV For This Useful Post:
kirkslap (06-04-2012)
Old 10-02-2005, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Vascular Loop -????

I would ask your neuro to please clarify just what in the heck 'vascular loop" really means.i am not familiar with this term either.it could possibly mean some sort of an avm(arteriovenous malformation but other than that,i really don't know.i was just Dxed with a brain aneurysm(oh joy!)but mine in actually in the left superior cerebellar artey.i still don't know what I will be able to do here as far as any treatment.I am just hoping and praying that it is indeed coilable as having brain surgery on top of all of my current spinal cord damage really doesn't excite me.and quite frankly,scares the livin crap outta me.

i would suggest that you get copies of any and all paperwork(test results,docs clinic notes and stuff from any place that has seen you or treated you for anything related to this condition)and start doing your own research on possibilities on what you may be facing and any possible treatments.I would also try and find out info on the vascular loop thing.I really am curious as to what they mean by that.is this a symptom of something else?or do they feel that this is an actual condition/you know what I mean?just do your homework.i honestly don't know what I would have done without my trusty PC and the net to obtain all of the rather obscure info that I just had to have that my NS just did not have the time to really get as in depth as I wanted him to be with regard to the possible complications of my condition and prognosis after my resection surgery.now,get busy! and please keep me posted,K? good luck,marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread