It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
(female)

jenonastar HB User
burning feeling in head?

Does anyone feel like there head is buring inside and there skin feels like it is burning on the outside?????? please someone help me undertand what is going on also muscle spamas all over body and head too!
Thanks Jen

Old 03-08-2006, 05:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: burning feeling in head?

this definitely sounds neuropathic in nature,it sounds alot like the central pain and the RSD I have in two seperate areas of my body.it does indeed feel like the outside and the inside of my skin is actually on fire at times.how would you rate the actual burnigng as far as intensity on a scale of one to ten with ten feeling like there is an actual blow torch being held to your skin?this is the intensity of my burning on the worst days.it DOES feel like there is a blowtorch deep inside of my knee actually burning the flesh from the inside out.Nasty stuff.

You mentioned also having other symptoms too,just what are you having specifically and what does it actually "feel' like?have you ever suffered a trauma to the head?or any other area before?Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
(female)

ventcrew HB User

Hello Jenonastar,

Yes I to have burning all over my head. It usually happens about an hour after I lay down to sleep. I wake up with horrible burning all over my head and if I lay there it will go into my back, chest and down my arms. The other night my head was burning and then went numb. If I get up out of bed the burning starts to go away. I had an MRI of the brain which was normal Thank God. I also had an MRI of the C-spine which showed a mild bulging disc at C5-6 and T1-2 and mild degenerative disc disease. My doc does not think that is the cause of my symptoms. I am seeing a Neurologists on May 10th. It has been horrible. I was on sleeping pills and muscle relaxers but do not want to become addicted to the sleeping pills so my doc put me on desyrel to help me relax and night and sleep. It is not addicting like a sleeping pill. I hope it works I take it tonight for the first time. Well I sure hope you are okay. Let me know.

ventcrew

Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
(female)

momforthecure HB User

Hi,
I have a 14 year old daughter that is complaining she is burning up from her chest area to the top of her head. It does not happen all the time but it isnt going away either. It also affect's both her hands. When I go to touch her face, throat, or ears they seem to actually be cool to the touch. But she says she's burning up inside. I have run my fingers through her hair and have felt extreme heat coming from her scalp.
She has been having abdominal pain and nausea as well. We have used up all tests trying to figure out what is happening.
What can this be.....do you think it's food allergies or leaky gut syndrome???
Please help us if you can,
momlookingforthecure

Old 11-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
(female)

ventcrew HB User

Hello momforthecure,

I have a boat load of symptoms similar to your daughter. If you advance search my name (ventcrew) you can read my posts. I have been going through this for almost 2 years. They still can not find out what is wrong with me except for minor things. I think it is coming from my cervical/thoracic area. I know that it is nerve pain. I get burning, numbness, tingling, weakness, and pain from my chest up. I have intercranial hypertension. The doctors do not know if that is causing my nerve pain or if what is causing my nerve pain is causing my intercranial hypertension. I am now going back and forth to the university of michigan. I am doing better but if I do to much with my arms I get bad. Does anything seem to bring it on for your daughter.? What tests has she had done. What seems to help? Motrin works the best for me and heat and cold. Good Luck to you.

Karen

Old 11-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
(female)

starissa HB User

just wanted to say i have been to u of m for other health issue and they are the best around. Now for the buring pain in your daughter i would find another doc if your not getting answers, thats what i did with gi issues and after 5 i finally got an answer. gl to you

Old 03-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
(male)

UPROCESSOR HB User

I wish I had the solution for you. But, I also wonder if by now you may have already found the reason and cure, because an acquaintance of mine is experiencing the same exact symptoms. And, since she is technophobic and unfamiliar with the Internet, I took it upon myself to do some search for her online. If by now you have found the reason behind those symptoms and how to cure them, it would be wonderful of you to share the knowledge. Thanks very much. Wishing you the best. ~ Ray

Old 04-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
(female)

kind1 HB User

Those symptoms really need to be discussed with a physician. One's family dr can refer one to a neurologist for more testing including a (painless) mri. Please do not try to self-diagnose :) Take good care and feel better.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #9
(female)

itsmebeck HB User

I have had symptoms like this before. It feels almost like I'm sitting in the hot sun, like the sun is beating down on my head and it just feels very warm, hot even. I've even gone so far as to put a pack of ice on my head! (It did work.) I was told it's actually a symptom of migraine, even though you're not feeling the typical migraine pain.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #10
(female)

kind1 HB User

Thankfully you found out that the pain that you felt was due to a migraine, however, it would still be in the original postee's best interest to report her symptoms to her family dr :) Please stay well.

Closed Thread