It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 03:26 AM   #1
(female)

Sarah@nn HB User
Any ideas?

I have a range of Neurological symptoms which I believe have developed over time, and I need help as to if they are all related and if so, what they might be caused by. Firstly, I started getting headaches that I believe are Tension-type headaches. In my opinion they are chronic. I usually get them once every 1-3 days. Secondly, sometimes when I stand up after laying or sitting down for a while, I experience dizziness and/or vertigo. I then started experiencing memory loss and/or forgetfulness, which I believe is getting worse over time, and it's very frustrating. I find myself forgetting to do things, forgetting things I've learnt, repeating conversations and questions, struggling to remember if I did things and when, etc etc. I also have recently been experiencing what I believe are hallucinations, though they are mild. For example, I will see an object or a shadow but when I look back in the same direction, it either was something else or wasn't even there in the first place. Also, sometimes I will experience a very weird tingling/numbness sendation in the bridge of my nose, which only lasts for a few seconds. I also experience insomnia (which can be fairly bad - resulting in 4-5 hours sleep), though only now and again. Lastly, sometimes I have difficulty speaking, though I am not sure if this has anything to do with the above symptoms, because I think I talk a little fast. If you have any ideas what the above symptoms might be caused by, PLEASE reply. I have searched on the internet but haven't found anything helpful. I am 15 years old and my parents rarely ever take me to the doctors so I figure it isn't worthwhile asking unless I REALLY need to go. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Sarah@nn; 03-29-2006 at 03:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

EnviroConscious HB User
Re: Any ideas?

I am no doctor, but have multiple sclerosis and in getting that diagnosed have run through the gamut on neurological symptoms. I would guess that you are simply stressed which causes the insomnia and headaches. Then in turn both cause memory troubles. Both can also cause you to see things out of the corner of your eye that aren't there, truckers call this phenomenon "the black dog" because after driving for a long time and not getting enough sleep they will thnk they see 'something' on the side of the road but nothing is really there. Dizziness upon standing is pretty normal. Perhaps try taking a warm bath before bed and doing some meditation or relaxation techniques to clear your mind. During our teenage years our bodies need more sleep than as adults or children, if you relax and get the sleep then your other stressors will be more easly managed. I'd personally try this before seeing a doctor.
However if you are very concerned go get a check up, and if you aren't having them done yet you should also start getting a yearly pap done. At 15 you've just gone from being a child to a woman and you should develop a relationship with a doctor you can ask these types of questions to (as well as the sexual ones that you don't necessarily want to rely on Internet advice for...and none of us would ever ask our parents).

Closed Thread