It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #1

RavenRoquelaure HB User
Calcium Deposits in the Brain/CVA

I was diagnosed with a CVA or stroke on Mar 31 of this year. Now the doctor's not too sure it was a stroke. Could my CVA be related to the calcium deposits in the blood vessels in my brain? I was diagnosed with these a few years ago. Please help me. My doctor won't even let me ask him about it. I have numbness and weakness in my right leg still and difficulty writing and typing. The left side of my head has not stopped hurting since the incident. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Old 04-20-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

NHone HB User
Re: Calcium Deposits in the Brain/CVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenRoquelaure
I was diagnosed with a CVA or stroke on Mar 31 of this year. Now the doctor's not too sure it was a stroke. Could my CVA be related to the calcium deposits in the blood vessels in my brain? I was diagnosed with these a few years ago. Please help me. My doctor won't even let me ask him about it. I have numbness and weakness in my right leg still and difficulty writing and typing. The left side of my head has not stopped hurting since the incident. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
I hope you're taking supplemental magnesium. You problems could all be from low magnesium. Low magnesium can mimic a stroke.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2006, 07:18 AM   #3
(female)

AFH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenRoquelaure

Calcium, Magnesium & Vitamin D is a great healer of nerve cells. I take it to combat muscle and nerve damage from statin use and it has subsided a lot of the pain and weakness.

Calcium, Magnesium & Vitamin D ...should all be taken together . It's most important to take together to get the most benefit of each. And the ratio should be 2:1 - meaning the dosage of calcium should be higher then the dosage of Magnesium. Vitamin D works with both to get the most nutrient.

Be Well!

Last edited by AFH; 04-21-2006 at 07:34 AM.

Old 04-21-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
(female)

AFH HB User

RavenRoquelaure,

I find it odd that your doctor's are now thinking maybe it wasn't a stoke.
I assume you had a CT done? What was the findings from that?

Also, an interesting book with great information is Dangerous Grains by James Braly & Ron Hoggan.

Your illness may be related to something serious or may even be as simlpe as a food intolerance reaction and that can be corrected with change of diet.

Closed Thread