It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
(male)

djpatd HB User
brain shakes - back of head

I am having brain shakes in the back of my head where it feels like it vibrates and I feel it more so when I am lying down and when I am relaxing and falling asleep.

It feels like the back of my brain is shaking.
I haven't had this in a while. It comes and goes and now I am having some episodes of this noe.

Sometimes I want to run to the doctor to see a neurologist after being on all the different ssri's and other drugs that were supposed to help with depression and then of course the dreaded benzo's!!

I was on a benzodiazepine for 4 months and went cold turkey. I should have tapered but the doc said I wasn't on them long enough. I have been off them since Feb but many believe I am still experieincing a withdrawal since these drugs effect the GABA receptor of the brain and alter them.

Anyone else have this?
How do I cope with this?

Old 07-27-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
(female)

trucky HB User
Re: brain shakes - back of head

I get this with dizziness with head motion and when lying down or turning my head. My neuro said the muscles all over your head, when they are tired or overused can cause a cascade of all kinds of nasty weird reflex symptoms.

She said it feels worse than when it's your legs or arms, because all the muscles above the neck feel it, and also the inner ear, and when that happens, that's what she calls dizziness.

I must have looked disbelieving, because she turned my head and massaged my neck muscle, and it was like a chain reaction all over the back of my head and I didn't want to move my head at all. I'm getting meds for it tomorrow.

I sure hope you get some relief--I know I do!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread