It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

Stormangel28 HB User
Tender area ON head!

I was just wondering if anyone here gets sore spots on their head. I don't get any associated headache, I don't get migraines, just this spot that feels like a deep sore bruise. I'm pretty sure my husband's not beating me in my sleep , it's always in the same spot, and happens probably once every 3 weeks or month. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm not overly worried about it, in and of itself, but it's odd and I'm very curious.
Does anyone have this or know where it comes from?
I don't know if it matters at all, but I've been having neuropathic pain for several months now, and I don't know if this is related or something of it's own.
I'd love some ideas or insites. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth mentioning to my doctor tomorrow, or if it's just a silly little thing. I don't want to overload him! lol

Thanks
Christine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 08:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Tender area ON head!

is it on your scalp? if so, maybe it's an ingrown hair....I've had them before and they hurt a little, they're kinda tender.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
(female)

Stormangel28 HB User

Nope, it's deeper than the scalp, but not really deep. It's under the skin, and it's always exactly the same place. It gets WAY worse when I bend over too. Lasts for several days then goes away for a few weeks. It's very strange, at least to me! LOL

Christine

Old 08-14-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

ask someone to look at it and see what it looks like. it's hard to see your own scalp....LOL
I had a couple of these ingrown hairs before and they hurt like a bruise almost, if someone can pull it out, it may ooze a little pus but then it will be ok.....(that's if it is an ingrown hair).....otherwise I'm not sure what it is.
maybe try a warm compress on it?

Old 08-14-2006, 09:23 AM   #5
(female)

Stormangel28 HB User

I had my husband check, nope, nothing visible at all. Just looks like...well like scalp! LOL

Old 09-14-2006, 06:53 AM   #6
(female)

stiff person HB User

I have had this...and its not an ingrown hair.(lol) Its a very sore tender area to the touch, if you lightly press on the area its extremely sore, and painful and its under the scalp.

Sorry I dont know what it is either

Old 05-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #7
(male)

isurus11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormangel28 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone here gets sore spots on their head. I don't get any associated headache, I don't get migraines, just this spot that feels like a deep sore bruise. I'm pretty sure my husband's not beating me in my sleep , it's always in the same spot, and happens probably once every 3 weeks or month. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm not overly worried about it, in and of itself, but it's odd and I'm very curious.
I don't know if it matters at all, but I've been having neuropathic pain for several months now, and I don't know if this is related or something of it's own.
I'd love some ideas or insites. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth mentioning to my doctor tomorrow, or if it's just a silly little thing. I don't want to overload him! lol

Thanks
Christine
I have exactly the same symtom, although this is the first time I have ever had it. The spot, almost right on top of my head is extremely tender to touch and hurts whenever I touch my hair. I have had it for about 4 days now, with no signs of it getting any better.

I can't really find too much on the net to give me a clue as to what it is. I am considering a visit to the GP.

Cheers

Old 05-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #8
(female)

Stormangel28 HB User

Isurus,

LOL if you see your GP can you let us know what he/she says?

I still have this intermittently, and have learned to pretty much ignore it (among a miriad of other 'symptoms') because there's not much I can do. It's been a total of about 1.5 years with this coming and going sore spot.

Christine

Old 06-02-2007, 06:40 PM   #9
(female)

cookingmom HB User

Hi,
I had a very tender area at the back of my head. It really hurt to touch. I had a regular dr.'s appt. so I mentioned it to her. She felt it and said that there are many lymph nodes at the back of your head and mine were swollen - which is why they were so tender. It turns out that I had an infection below my ear and that was causing the problem .

I would definitely get it checked out - better safe than sorry.

Good Luck Bern

Old 06-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #10
(female)

Stormangel28 HB User

Thanks cookingmom!

Mine's not on the back of my head, but I'll mention it to my doc the next time I'm there. Mine's more on the top right of my head. It's weird

It's funny, I woke up this morning and it was back. It always feels like my someone's punched me in the head while I slept or something, it has a sort of bruised feeling.

Oh well, what can you do? I'll mention it the next time I see my doc, but with all the other stuff going on, I don't think she'll put much effort into it .

Christine

Old 08-07-2007, 08:34 AM   #11
(female)

summ0506 HB User

Christine,

Have you figured out what is going on with your head? I have this too. It only hurts when I touch it. It is on the top right side of my head. Please help! Let me know if you found out anything.

Summer

Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #12
(female)

dap081107 HB User

I was just wondering if you've had any luck figuring out what the tender areas on your head are. I have had tender areas on my head for many years. They change areas and don't seem to be related to any other symptoms. Unless I rub my head, I don't know they are even there. Does this sound the same as yours?

Old 02-24-2008, 06:59 AM   #13
(female)

Stormangel28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap081107 View Post
I was just wondering if you've had any luck figuring out what the tender areas on your head are. I have had tender areas on my head for many years. They change areas and don't seem to be related to any other symptoms. Unless I rub my head, I don't know they are even there. Does this sound the same as yours?

Nope, my spoat is the same spot every time. It hurts all the time if I touch it, if I don't poke around at it, it has flare ups of hurting if the wind even moves my hair, for a few days, then calms down again.

As to what it is, it's probably related to all the other nerve stuff going on. Really, the sore spot's become the least of my worries! LOL

Christine

Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #14
(female)

flowerfloosey HB User

Hi Christine. I have a similar spot although mine feels like a vein. I have abnormal spinal fluid in the pattern of ms but no leisons have ever shown up so no diagnoses. Let me know if you find out what the sore spot is about??
Thanks,Cynde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormangel28 View Post

Thanks
Christine

Old 03-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #15
(female)

Stormangel28 HB User

Flower,

Do you have O-bands or a high IgG or myelin based protien in your spinal fluid?

If I find anything out, I'll be sure to let you know.

I am currently awaiting a lumbar puncture myself, but have no clue when it will happen *sigh*. I am not looking forward to it (4 babies without ever having had an epidural, because I have an issue with needles in my spine), but it's time to do what I got to do.

I am expecting the results to be clear, just like the rest of them

Christine

Closed Thread