It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

messuvajess HB User
Head falling asleep?

Hi I am new and I had some questions.
Has anyone ever woken up from sleep and felt like their scalp was asleep? Like the feeling you get when your arms and legs fall asleep. This has happen to me about 10 times in my life and doctor says, it is just a nerve that I must be laying on. If I sleep without a pillow and my forehead pressed down sometimes, I will wake up with my forehead being numb and feeling like it is asleep for a min, and then it just feels like it is waking up, just like other limbs do. Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced this? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
(female)

lubdien HB User
Re: Head falling asleep?

Hi how are you?

I have had this happen many years ago, and sometimes still does , not very often , but it does happen, especially if i have stayed in certain postion for a while , feels numb then the tingles come and feels normal again, first time this happened i was a bit frightened but it just felt like any other part of the body when it goes numb but as it happened on my head it was unexpected....... good luck hope all is well ....CHEERS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
(female)

messuvajess HB User

I am pretty good. I am just a huge hypochondriac so I thought I was having a stroke, anurysum or something like that. That is a strange feeling. Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:30 PM   #4
(male)

hkseaexpat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by messuvajess View Post
Hi I am new and I had some questions.
Has anyone ever woken up from sleep and felt like their scalp was asleep? Like the feeling you get when your arms and legs fall asleep. This has happen to me about 10 times in my life and doctor says, it is just a nerve that I must be laying on. If I sleep without a pillow and my forehead pressed down sometimes, I will wake up with my forehead being numb and feeling like it is asleep for a min, and then it just feels like it is waking up, just like other limbs do. Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced this? Thanks
I've been waking up with my scalp asleep. It's troubling. Should I be worried about it?

Old 04-01-2007, 07:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

My very first thought would be that something,when you are lying down,is actually compromising one(or possibly more?) of the cranial nerves.the most likely area would be somewhere along the c spine area.there could be small bone spurs there or little herniations or some other spinal issue.if this is actively going on,it needs evaluating with at the very least,an x ray to see how the discs and vertebrae are actually lying.if nothing actually shows up,then an MRI really should be done to try and pinpoint the area of compromise."something" is most definitely affecting a cranial somewhere or your head would not be falling asleep in any area.

just make an appt with your primary to obtain the eval and get the baseline X rays started.but i really do think that to really "see" your particular nerve issue an MRI would definitely be indicated at some point.good luck and please keep me posted on what you find out.marcia

Closed Thread