It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
(female)

LC 31 HB User
Symtoms worsen when I lay down.....

For a year I have had numerous symptoms that have gone unresolved.
*lightheaded
*dizzyness
*pressure in head
*breathlessnes
*numbing in lips, face, and other places in the body
*crackling in head
*vibrations in head

**ALL OF THESE SYMPTOMS GET HORRIBLY WORSE WHEN I LAY DOWN. The pressure in my head is so great that I feel like it is going to explode, I feel breathless and I feel dizzy, as if I am drunk. I usually have to sleep upright.

Tests I have had, all have come back fine
ct of brain, abdomen
xray chest
mri brain, neck, spine
tons of blood work
eeg
ekg

I can't drive anymore because I am to dizzy. I can't walk for without holding on to something because I feel like I am going to fall over if I tilt my head back or front or look to quickly to the side.

Anyone??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PearlDoves HB User
Re: Symtoms worsen when I lay down.....

Its possible it could be related to a sinus or inner ear infection- or both. Perhaps even horrible allergies.

With the numbing, I'm still concerned a bit about other things that could be going on. I would potentially ask for an MRA (a is for angio) of the head and neck so as to look at your arteries... so as to make sure something like carotid artery dissection hasn't happened and so forth. MRI of the brain and neck with CONTRAST might help show anything subtle that could have been missed.

With the tests done it sounds like you've probably been to a neurologist, but if you have not done that yet, I would suggest it. An EMG and NCV could help show if you have any nerve damage. I would also look into an ENT (ear nose throat) Doc as well as a Rheumotolgoist so as to get a bigger picture of ideas of what could be going on as well as an Allergist to get a full allergy test done to make sure nothing is aggervating your body. I'm not a doc and can't give a diagnosis, but hopefully something said here can help. Good luck to you and many blessings, I hope its figured out soon.

Last edited by PearlDoves; 01-01-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
(female)

ventcrew HB User

Hello LC 31,

Alot of your symptoms sound a whole lot like mine. I also have head pressure that is worse when lying down. I also have constant pulsating tinnitus (sound in the ear) My head pressure is constant but worse lying down. I am lucky so far as I do not have the dizzyness. I too have been through all the tests and also an MRA of my brain. Which all have been normal. I am calling my neuro again today. I also wake up with burning, numbness, tingling that is almost always in my head, ears, face neck, shoulders and down to my chest. It starts to go away when I get up. I also have swelling in the hunch back area and a very stiff, sore neck and back.

I sure hope you find out what is wrong. My doctor suggested the Mayo Clinic, but I am not ready to do that yet. I am seriously considering seeing a lyme literate doctor as I am not convinced I do not have Lyme Disease. All of my symptoms and your also are symptoms of lyme. I am from Michigan and was up in the Upper Peninsula when I found 2 ticks on me. That was 5 years ago. I wondered if maybe lyme could be a possibility for you.

Good Luck,

ventcrew

Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
(female)

Texanne HB User

My friend was just diagnosed with "leaky valve disease" in the heart. I don't know if that is something that they can rule out with EKG and EEG, I would think so. When she laid down, she thought she was going to die! I hope that your doctors would have considered this, or a heart murmur, but I wanted to mention it anyway! You might research this on line and see if it is pertinent.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Texanne; 01-02-2007 at 09:07 AM.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
(female)

LC 31 HB User

Thank you for all of your replies, I will be taking your suggestions to my doctor and hope to come up with something soon.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User

It sounds like it could be Meniere's disease.

Closed Thread