It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #1
(male)

djpatd HB User
shaking in the back of head and other tremors

I have been on the treadmill of doctors trying to get a diagnosis. I was wondering at times if I am a hypochondriac but what I am dealing with is real. I was diagnosed with low testosterone in April 2006. They have been trying to get a fix on the cause. I have developed some shaking in the back of my head that started months ago (either cerebellum or occipital lobe). One day after working out at the gym I was driving home and my brain at the back of my head was having a major spasm where it was moving around intensely. It happened several other times after that but now I feel the shaking only when I am laying down or sometimes when I am driving in my car.
For a couple of years my jaw muscles involuntarily move as if you would when you would be cold. I went to the doctor to complain about this along with mild dizziness. She said she thinks its stress but examined my eyes and noticed some peripheral vison loss and is sending me to an opthamologist. I went to my friend who is an eye doc and he tested me and I have some. All these doctor visits and feeling my life is on hold is frustrating.
What I was told is that peripheral vision loss and low testosterone could mean a pituitary tumor.
The only thing I can think of is when I was in 7th grade (almost 30 years ago) I fell on the back of my head on a blacktop and had a mild concussion. Back then they didn't do any type of brain imaging.
Could all this shaking/tremors be related to the pituitary? How about when I was on different anti-depressants for many, many years -could that cause it? How about protracted withdrawal from Ativan?
What should I do? Any ideas of what it could be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #2
(female)

mehappy2 HB User
Re: shaking in the back of head and other tremors

Have you been on soy?
If you have, do a g..gle search of soy and parkinsons and other nerve stuff.

Closed Thread