It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
(male)

Snibe HB User
Strange sensation in my head

Hi, I recently went to the hospital for got a cat scan. The scan was not for brain damage but after words they said i had some scaring they'd like to check out so i am going back in a couple of days. after coming home strange things started happening. The first was i looked at what i though was a pond and commented about it. The person i was talking to was confused and pointed out i was a driveway. i have also have been getting mild headaches which is odd for me. The strangest of all is that out of the blue i realized i was in a very weird but subtle head space. It almost felt like there was space in my head. Theres small visual disturbances and my hands are shaking slightly. This has happened twice in almost the exact same way but the second time was proceed by a headache.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Snibe; 05-17-2007 at 03:40 PM.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
(male)

Snibe HB User
Re: Strange sensation in my head

Some more information. I sustained neck/back and leg nerve compresion ( i have a foot drop and am in Physical therapy) and may have been moderatly deprived of oxygen and thats why i was in the hospital.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
(male)

Snibe HB User

IF any one could help i would be grateful. I am going insane with this.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

did they happen to mention anything about what type of 'scarring' this is?from a bleed or old injury or anything more specific?are they going to be doing an MRI on your brain at the next visit or what?you most definitely need an MRI with contrast done to really check out the most obvious types of scarring possibilities.an MRA would also be helpful if this scarring is actually from some level of bleed or something.do you actually have a copy of the CT results in your possession?if not,get one,and then start getting copies of all and any other tests you may have in the future.after the first or second month of seeing docs,or sooner depending on just how often and how many different docs you have seen,start obtaining ALL and every scrap of paper generated on your docs visits for this issue.trust me here when i say that in some cases,you will be glad you have your own set of you medical records,full records including all testing results.then just keep everything in an expandable type folder that can go with you to every doc visit or in the event something happens(you just never know) you have all your important medical documents all in one spot and can just go to an ER or whatever and all the ER docs will know all of your latest issues and the test results,which will just give them a very very impotant baseline to work from.this is really crucial for you and will get you the best most informed medical care only because they have all of your medical history and tests right in hand.

but honestly,getting that MRI done with contrast on your brain will really give them the most beneficial info at this point.you just need to know whats up and what took place that actually caused some level of actual scarring.i do wish you luck with this and please keep us posted on what you find out.Marcia

Old 05-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #5
(male)

Snibe HB User

Hello again went and got an mri today. Hafta wait 2 days for the resault. I basicaly lost alot of may ability to remember things(like 2 seconds later). And btw that picture on the home page of a sunburned kid makes me want to barf.

Thanks for your support,
Debaser

Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
(male)

Snibe HB User
Smile Re: Strange sensation in my head

I got an MRI with contrast and it wasn't good. All my symptoms were not just me worrying. I'll tell you my whole story now, and please don't look down on me for this. The reason i went to the hospital was from a morphine and xanax overdose. However i was not terribly deprived of oxygen and i was knocked out for over 20 hours when the drugs should have worn out in 6 hours (it was a low does of xanax 1.5 mg) i actually asphyxiated on my vomit at the end. OK so they had me come in for the second MRI and that tipped me off right away. I got a call from my neurologist, scaring me more, and he had me come in. It turns out i have lesions that have actually gotten worse from last time,1 month ago He said it could not be drug related(because the drugs involved) and it was not oxygen deprivation because that would be immediate. So now i have a spinal tap and they gave me a drugs test with out informing me(is that illegal?) I will be positive for benzos cuz they gave me xanax for the MRI. Ok please tell me spinal taps are like fun little vacations (:
ok thats it thanks for any help (thanks especially Feelbad)
Debaser

P.S angry little rant- Because it was drug related, when i was unable to sleep for 2 weeks from nerve pain i couldn't get proper pain killers. It makes me sick the persecution that junkies have to go through(though i am not one)
Question-The neurologist told me that opiates can cause brain damage, I assumed he was lying to try to scare me "straight". Heck people are on these thing there whole life and have fine mental facilities, heck look at William Burroughs. Thanks for any responses I get or just people reading it.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
(male)

Snibe HB User

OK so i finally got a spinal tap. It wasn't too bad but he did hit nerve in the beginning and my whole body spasmed like a fish out of water. I was told that my blood work came back positive fro Lyme disease on 1 of 3 of the test thingies. I'm hoping this is what is is cus it's fairly curable. I don't really believe it because i was on iv antibiotics for a weak and oral ones for 2 weeks and the brain damage was progressing quickly at that point and the symptoms started when i was passed out from drug overdose that did not cause the damage. I feel it's 2 much of a coincidence. I don;t have any other Lyme disease symptoms but i was told that can rarely happen.
OK thanks for reading,
Snibe

Last edited by Snibe; 05-31-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:26 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

well at least you have something to go on now and thats more than you had before.i really don't know a whole lot about lyme myself,but i would very highly suggest you do some in depth research on this subject in order to really fully understand what it is you are actually dealing with as far as prognosis and treatments and expected symptoms you may encounter along the way.

in what capacity did the do that drug screen on you?was it during that OD episode or at a routine type visit?to my knowledge,the only time they can legally do an uninformed(without consent)UA or tox screen is in an emergent situation.otherwise i DO believe they actually have to have your consent.i could be wrong bit it wouldn't hurt to find out what your rights are with this.it all depends on the type of circumstances this was done under.Good luck with all this and please keep me posted,Marcia

Last edited by feelbad; 06-03-2007 at 06:29 AM. Reason: too stupid to spell

Old 06-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
(male)

Snibe HB User

Hey again, heres an update. I have lym and i need a picc IV line inserted, the long one that goes like 2 feet . Could any 1 tell me if it hurts when they put it in?

Old 06-20-2007, 06:30 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi snibe.just from my sons experience,they actually knocked him out for it.they just insert a line into a particular area(this depends on a few different factors as far as placement goes,my sons was in his upper arm)which just gives an open 'port" to insert the IV tubing and flush the line.i assume you are going to be giving yourself IVs at home here?they do have a really neat set up for home IV therepy,very different from what i used while i was a medic back when i actually had a life.but it is fairly easy and very straight forward to do.you just flush the line,place the line for whatever they are giving you,let it run(about an hour for most) then you shut down,pull out and flush again and do a hep lock and shut the line down til you have to do it again.it really isn't all the complicated.i did my sons morning one before school and my hubby did the five o clock PM one.once you have run the therepy course,the line gets taken out with a snip of two stitches that held the plate in place and its just pulled out and done. my sons home nurse just popped the line out one day while she was here.what are they going to be giving you?my son had gancyclovier for the CMV virus after transplant.

i am glad you finally have a clue as to what has been really causing your symptoms and a way to eradicate them for good.please keep me posted on how things are going snibe,K?you will get htru this just fine,really.Marcia

Old 07-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #11
(male)

Snibe HB User

Hey,
thanks for the reply. they are giving me ceftrioxone, an anti clotting agent and saline flushes. All i have to do is a 10 min routine. No drip no stitches, it's really easy. I have it for 28 days and then it's out. The only problem is that i just started and i feel horrible because of the something or other effect. Thanks again,
Snibe

Old 07-04-2007, 06:05 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

well at least you finally are actually able to DO something for yourself to hopefully feel better soon.make sure to let your doc know about any possible side effects you may be having.just a precaution with some of the stronger IV anti Bs.good luck snibe,and please continue to keep me posted,K?

Old 07-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #13
(male)

Snibe HB User

Hey again. I am almost at the end of my treatment, but recently when i inject anything i get a electrical tingling on one side of the back of my neck. it doesn't hurt and no one knows what it is and they are not taking the picc line out. I would love it if someone knew. ILl post this in general health too.
Thanks
(also a slight cognative wierdness but i could be imagining that.)

Last edited by Snibe; 07-17-2007 at 11:10 AM.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:38 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi snibe,i responded to your other post.hang in there,marcia

Closed Thread