It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
(male)

timetowinarace HB User
psychomotor seizure, complex migrain, or what?

I was going to post this on the epilepsy board but I'm not sure what this is. My neurologist doesn't really know for sure either.

I had a MTBI in '91 and now have many of the not so fun things that go with it. I have symptoms that all seem to be related and were all reduced at the same time with one medication. They are as follows, near constant headache with bouts of severe head pain (ER visits) 2-3 times a week, near constant dizziness, photophobia, phonophobia, an unexplainable "I'm in this world but I'm not" feeling, and occasionally a weird experience that was all of the above amplified 10X with an overwhelming feeling of being very scared and though I am fully consious of what is going on I cannot explain it and I could only think that I needed help but could not speak to ask for it, at the same time I could answer simple questions like when asked "are you ok" I would simply say "no" even though I wanted to say I need to go to the ER. I would end up walking and walking and walking but going no where. After this has passed (2-3 hours) I am starving and eat everything I can and I've never been so tired in my life. I sleep for hours then eat some more and go back to sleep. I have no energy for a few days.

I've been taking DIVALPROEX ? (generic for something) and I hav'nt had one of these episodes since and my other symptoms are reduced. Most of them are migraine symtoms and that would make sence but my constant dizziness is also reduced allong with chronic fatigue.

I am just wondering if this is abnormal activity that occationaly progresses to psychomotor (partial) seizures. I've not read anywhere that this is possible and this type of seizure should only last a few minutes and not a couple hours. I really cannot give a better description because some of it is unexplainable.

Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
(male)

joblofromcocomo HB User
Re: psychomotor seizure, complex migrain, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetowinarace View Post
I was going to post this on the epilepsy board but I'm not sure what this is. My neurologist doesn't really know for sure either.

I had a MTBI in '91 and now have many of the not so fun things that go with it. I have symptoms that all seem to be related and were all reduced at the same time with one medication. They are as follows, near constant headache with bouts of severe head pain (ER visits) 2-3 times a week, near constant dizziness, photophobia, phonophobia, an unexplainable "I'm in this world but I'm not" feeling, and occasionally a weird experience that was all of the above amplified 10X with an overwhelming feeling of being very scared and though I am fully consious of what is going on I cannot explain it and I could only think that I needed help but could not speak to ask for it, at the same time I could answer simple questions like when asked "are you ok" I would simply say "no" even though I wanted to say I need to go to the ER. I would end up walking and walking and walking but going no where. After this has passed (2-3 hours) I am starving and eat everything I can and I've never been so tired in my life. I sleep for hours then eat some more and go back to sleep. I have no energy for a few days.

I've been taking DIVALPROEX ? (generic for something) and I hav'nt had one of these episodes since and my other symptoms are reduced. Most of them are migraine symtoms and that would make sence but my constant dizziness is also reduced allong with chronic fatigue.

I am just wondering if this is abnormal activity that occationaly progresses to psychomotor (partial) seizures. I've not read anywhere that this is possible and this type of seizure should only last a few minutes and not a couple hours. I really cannot give a better description because some of it is unexplainable.

Any thoughts?

Old 07-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
(male)

joblofromcocomo HB User
Re: psychomotor seizure, complex migrain, or what?

hi i have temporal lobe epilepsy and mainly have complex partial seizures.first i have an aura ( a warning to me that something is going to happen thats a taste in the mouth and a feeling in the stomach and practicaly freeze before i can put myself on the ground)do you get auras before hand ?i might get auras but not everytime do i have a seizure.so i have one and then fall to the ground then they last for 3 or 4 minutes then it then takes another 10 to 15 minutes before im all there.ARE you ever depressed or have mood swings ?i do .it hasnt happened many times but ive had something like an aura just a bad feeling in the stomach which have lasted for hours with my heart pumping so hard that it will pop out of my chest.i also get other auras that last for hours but are not as strong that make me feel bad and panic a bit. i have alot more of those.if anything seems familure ( auras, moodswings and depression). then just have a look on the computor about temporal lobe epilepsy.with the depression it will tell you to what extent it can reach.its probably no good to you but good luck with everything see ya

Closed Thread