It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 06:00 AM   #1
(female)

laineypops HB User
cranioplasty titanium plates

hi all
ive just came out of hospital after having a cranioplasty i had half my skull missing for over 1 year and had to have titanium plates inserted due to a fall 2 years ago everything went well but im now a bit worried about how this will effect my normal everyday life anyone who has been through this or any help will be very gratefull
thanks laineypops

The Following User Says Thank You to laineypops For This Useful Post:
scott s (08-23-2012)
Old 08-06-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
(female)

gdschillins HB User
Re: cranioplasty titanium plates

I have a large titanium plate int the back of my head. It really doesn't affect much exept things like rollercoasters, jumping you know overly active things. My neck bothers me a lot and gets really tired. I have to hold my plate up to my face sometimes when my neck doesn't want to hold up my head. It's really just a normal life once you get use to it. I look at it this way, 'normal is only what I make it'. I'm never going to have a normal life if I look at it as what I had before or what they have over there. I don't have a head like them anyway. I have plastic ontop and titanium in the back and then there's even part I don't have anything. The only part that is actually my skull is my face! So why should I even consider their normal mine?
I did say jumping. I can't jump like my daughter, off the deck, or into a pool. the impact bothers me. I can't ride rollercoasters at all--I know some that do reguardless of the pain--I'm just happy I'm alive.
Good luch though, at first it feels like a real bummer and it's hard to get use to!
sorry it's not much encouraging but I do know how it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
(female)

laineypops HB User

Hi .

Sorry i have not replied sooner. I really appreciate your reply to my post and although your situation is similair to my own. I guess that the extent of your bone replacement has been far more substantial.

I read your post with great enthusiasm, as it was the 1st time i have contacted anyone online, who has been through a similair medical procedure that, i have been through since my accident.

( REMOVED )

If you would prefer to , remain posting on the forum then , i would also be delighted to reply to anything you may need help with, or can help me with.

I am so glad that you have , like me, an outlook on life , where you are thankful to be alive, and will live life to the full.

Alway`s knowing that something has changed your life forever , but you have had the strength to keep going. i beleive someones looking out for you

Last edited by moderator2; 08-09-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
(female)

gdschillins HB User

I thought of something else that maybe might help you out. The pain in my head and neck are sometimes controlled by the climate. WHen it gets really cold I can have extensive pain. When it's hot it feels better.
Sitting in high extended chairs help a lot when my neck wants to give up.
I as well look forward to sharring experiences.
Have a great day.
christi

Closed Thread