It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 AM   #1
(male)

StarWars1985 HB User
Head Pressure/neck What Is Going On???

Been on around 1.5-3mg's a day for about six months. I post on the inner ear boards also cause I have dizziness but for a real medical condition for that.

My symptoms:
Head pressure, feeling numb, lethargic, slight pots of pain on the top of my head, weird eye issues, neck feeling of numbness and weird pressure.

All of this just builds up to more anxiety, feeling like sh@@ and possible panic attacks.

Is this from XANAX?

Should I get off this sh@@ and try to go natural. HOw do i taper off or can I quit cold turkey. I hate taking pills anyway...i'm 22 years old, never though my path would end up like this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
(female)

christa12345 HB User
Re: Head Pressure/neck What Is Going On???

Do you feel the neck pressure or headache when you stand up or sit up? What are you eye issues? I have just been diagnosed with Intracranial Hypotension and I had a massive headache one day and then the next day, I had huge neck pain and pressure and it was really bad when I was sitting up or standing. What this condition is, is there was a tear in the lining around the brain and the cerebral spinal fluid is leaking out causing the brain to "sag" or drop, putting pressure on the nerves. I ended up with double vision as the brain is pushing on the nerve that affects the eyes. If you have these headaches/neck pain-stiffness in neck and it is more pronounced when you are standing or sitting up, go to your doctor with this information. This condition is rare and often misdiagnosed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
(female)

kcferret HB User
Re: Head Pressure/neck What Is Going On???

I've been having very similar symptoms for months now and no diagnosis yet In fact I have the neck/back of the head pressure right now. I actually get this creepy crawly sensation as well. I even ended up in the ER due to a panic attack caused by all of this and I have NEVER had one before.

I'm not on Xanax or any type of meds. Have never needed anything like that for anything

I've had Head and Neck MRI's, two different types of Nerve Conduction studies and multiple blood tests. Nothing...

Closed Thread