It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
(female)

ronna22 HB User
pressure, numbness head and tingling of face

I was wondering if you could tell me if you know what might be causing this pressure, numbnes of the head and tingling of the face.
I had a very bad migrain for about a week. and thin the pressure and the numbness and the tingling of the face came on. The pressure of the head is what I am I worried about the most.
I am 45 yr. lady

Old 09-25-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: pressure, numbness head and tingling of face

I have those symptoms with migraines but they usually go away after the migraine. It sounds like you may have pressure on a nerve. You should be checked by your dr. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: pressure, numbness head and tingling of face

Just a couple of questions for you.i do also get migranes too and have since i was thirteen.i am now 46.so i do know a bit about this.

first of all,is this anywhere near your particular "pattern" minus the other facial symptoms of course?do you have an abortive type med that you normally take when you feel one coming on and if so,has this helped like it normally does or has it done nothing for you?have you ever had a "run" of migrane like this before now?the big thing here to remeber always is that signs and symptoms of migrane can very very closely mimic those of a stroke.this has always been my biggest fear since i found out many years ago just what stroke symptoms were compared to my normal migrane pattern that always starts with the aura.the thing is,this actually happened a few years ago with my mom.she called me one morning and mentioned she was having another migrane and her vision,as usual was really messed up(just the way our auras/migranes start).but later on that night she called me again and said her vision was still messed up with a "spot' in her vision that had not let up at all during the day like is usually does when she takes her abortive,midrin.that got me really concerned as she still also had the headache that should have left too.i told her, ya know mom,the symptoms of a stroke are pretty close to those that we get from our migranes and i think you really do need to get this evaluated and a CT done on your brain.well it turned out she DID indeed have a stroke in the back of her head that did disrupt her vision field.

with all honestly,i really DO think that unless this is the norm for your particular migrane pattern,you DO need this evaluated at an ER asap.you just really are showing some rather ominous signs here.at least you would know either way ya know?have you ever ever had this length of headpain with any other of your migranes?just to be thorough,i would really get this evaled today.it appears you now have some level of nerve involvement going on and that in and of itself should be checked out,but when you add that week long head pain AND the head pressure symptoms,well,it just needs to be looked into.is there any way you could get a quick check done on your BP?if this were me, i seriously would be getting this looked into today,the sooner the better hon.you just need to know whats going on in there.this just does not sound right at all to me and could indicate other possible issues besides a possible stroke.please get this looked into today,K?i wish you luck with this and hope it is just a stranger than normal for you migrane,but you REALLY do need to know for certain whats up.take care and please let us know what you find out.Marcia

Closed Thread