It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
(female)

JenVT HB User
Question New to this forum.... question

Hi,
I am not even sure if this is the right place for me to post. To make a long story short: I have been having headaches for about 1 1/2 years now, over last 6 months they have become more frequent ( every day ) and are starting to get more severe.
I have been seeing a neurologist, which ordered a few tests, which included my recent MRI/MRA. I called him last week to find out about the reports on the tests, He said, I quote " I have the reports from the tests, but I am concerned enough that I have to see the actual images myself " It seems that I have a cystic area on the left side of my brain, and a bulging artery on the base of my brain. He wouldn't go into anymore detail then that over the phone, when I asked what that all meant he just said he didn't know, which I don't think is true. Now I am not a doctor but to me a bulging artery on the base of my brain means I have an aneurysm, or am I mistaken? And if this is the case could the cyst and/or bulging artery be causing my headaches?
This is all a little bit scarey for me, especially because my mother had to have brain surgery due to aneurysms in her brain.
I should hear back from my neurologist some time next week, because he had to order the films to be sent to him so he can look over them.
I would appreciate any input, explaination or advise anyone can give me.
Thanks in advance,
Jen

P.S I have also just been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism due to toxic adenoma ( hot nodule 2cm ) on the right thyroid.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
(female)

grace1908 HB User
Re: New to this forum.... question

Just checking to see if you heard anything back from your doctor yet. I know nothing of your problems but I'm sure there are plenty of guys and gals on this board that can help.

Take care

Grace

Old 10-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
(female)

JenVT HB User

Hi,
yes unfortunetly or fortunetly I have heard back from my Neurologist, I do have a 5mm left supraclinoid ICA aneurysm, which is what it says on the MRA report, but my Neurologist looked at the films and found a 2nd aneurysm which is 2mm on the right side of my brain on top of it. I will be having a
CT Angiograph on October 8th and right after that I have an appointment with a Neurosurgeon. So hopefully I will know more after that and what steps should be taken. As far as the cystic area my neurologist told me not to worry about that, but the MRI report says: Nonvascular 10 mm area of encephalomalacia in the left basal ganglia area. Still no idea what that means or what it is, I'll ask the Neurosurgeon about that one too.
Maybe I have finally found the reason (aneurysms) why I am having all these headaches and why they keep getting worse.

Hope to know more soon.
Thanks for asking
Jen

Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
(female)

grace1908 HB User

Jen glad you heard from your doc. It may help to get more responses to start a new thread titled with your aneurysm/cyst thing. There are several ladies and gents on this forum that have had personal experience with both. You also may want to include a list of your symptoms and what the docs plan on doing next. I wish you the best of luck and will see you over here and on the thyroid forum.

Grace

Old 10-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
(female)

aspidites HB User

I read your posts, and I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I am in the process right now of getting some MRI's done to check since I have been have constant migraines. I'm a little afraid because I can't believe I would have them for no reason. Anyway, I hope things go well at your appointment with the Neurosurgeon. Keep us posted.

Closed Thread