It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
(female)

gclaec HB Usergclaec HB User
Right eye drooping, headache

Hello,

I have Lupus, APLS(clotting disorder) celiat and thyrod problems. I have been under terrable stress for 15 months, about 3 months ago I began having a continuos headache. It gets really severe like my head is going to pop, pain pressure, cant see light bothers me. It never fully goeas away it just there and gets lighter at times. Then I began having joint pain and pain in my side, so I thought it was my lupus or even my thyroid. I went to dr he said it was not my thyroid and I should go to neurologist. I am extremly afraid of Dr's, I avoid them and tests. He put me on Fioricet, and it did absolutly nothing for me at all. I then noticed my right eye is drooping, and my focus and vision seems to be off. My headache is on top of my head and on the leftside. I am at my wit ends and whenever I decide I going to go to the dr, the headache feels better (slightly). I am not a complainer, I am trying to make it better but I dont know what to do anymore.

This headache wakes me up when I am sleeping, it is not specific time of day or night it gets bad. I watch what I eat, and make sure I drink plenty of water. I just dont trust Dr's and dot want to go for them to tell me nothing is wrong when I know I dont feel right.

Thanks I hope someone has advice, I also feel pressure on my eyes.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
(female)

Jaime_Aus HB User
Re: Right eye drooping, headache

It could be nerve pain, probably pain in the occipital nerves. I have similar symptoms like headaches, shooting pains over the top of my head, and pain in and behind the eyes, and my pain is mostly on the left side too. I was diagnosed with Occipital Neuralgia late last year. I think you should see a Neurologist and they can do tests and scans, if needed, to find out for sure.

~Jaime~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2007, 08:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

does this clotting disorder make your blood too thick or too thin?i agree in seeing at the very least here a neurologist for an eval on your symptoms.also,obtaining an MRI/MRA would be a really good idea.the MRI(with contrast)would highlight a few areas that just need looking into and the MRA would look strictly at your arterial structures within your brain and nothing else.some vascular malformations can sometimes "hide' behind other structures,this is why the MRA is really crucial when just trying to evaluate the arteries in the brain.you do have some symptoms that could indicate other issues.just obtaining the tests would help alot to either rule in or out alot of them.at least you would know what is or is not there and be able to move onto other things as possibilitys.but these two tests really should be done.they both are very simle tests,all you do is lie there,but they can show sooo much of what is going on within the brain down to the arteries.believe me,you just have no clue what may be lurking inside any area of your body til you take a really good look in there.i have had two totally different vascular malformations that i never knew existed til MRI and MRA were done a different times for different reasons.you just need to rule out or in some things as possibilitys.good luck with this and please keep us posted,K? Marcia

Old 09-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
(female)

Thankyou so much,

I am going to call the neurologist the dr reffered me to, I suppose that would be a start. I thought it could be my Lupus acting up, but I am not sure anymore, especially when I dont ever remeber having such bad headaches that wont go away.

My blood disorder is I clot too much I have apls, I have had 3 episodes of pulmonary embolis. I had a filter placed in 2005 to stop big clots from going to my lung. I was also on Lovenox injections but new insurance wont pay and they were $2,000 a month. Humm, I just thought, I dont think I can take the MRI I have metal implant inside from the filter? I think they told me I cant have MRI, or maybe it was a cat scan not sure which.

I will keep you posted.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User

My eyes will droop with migraines. The side that I have the pain in is the one that will droop. One of my husband's eyes will droop when he is tired & he doesn't have headaches. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
(female)

sar3272 HB User
Wink Re: Right eye drooping, headache

Hi, I'm new to this site but when I saw your title line I had to throw in my 2 sense. In 1998 I woke in the morning, coughed and my eye closed. i thought that maybe I broke a blood vessel or something. I went to my family physician and was sent straight to the hospital. After i went through the CAT Scan and MRI they did an angiogram. During that they found an aneurysm on the circle of willis which controls the eyes. So a few hours later I was in surgery getting it clipped. Please, Please go and see your doctor to get this taken care of. I know you don't know me from Adam, but this is one thing that I consider myself an expert on.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

most metal that is placed into our bodies during procedures(the newer ones anyway) is 'usually' in most cases,MRI compatable.i have platnum in my brain,titainium in my neck and still have MRIs.my son also has a couple surgical clips along side his liver when he had a liver transplant back in 2000.when he suffered a tramatic brain injury and really needed to have an MRI,they called his Tx surgeon and found out the clips were okay with MRI.i had always assumed and i thoguht we were told at one time that they were not,but everything went okay as far as the MRI,no problems.i would call the place who placed your stent and see what they can tell you.

i just really do think that based on your symptoms,an MRI/MRA really would be the most helpful for you in identifying things that may not actually show up on just a CT.when you had that stent placed,did they give you a little wallet sized card to carry with you that states whether or not its okay for MRI?i know i recieved one right after my brain aneurysm was performed that states just that.the platmun coils are just ducky with MRI.just call the interventional rad or cardio who did your procedure with that stent.they WILL know.it should be in your file.or they just know what that particular doc most likely always usues for his procedures.a CT would be just fine to have with any metal in your body but like i said before,you really need to see the areas where a CT just cannot permeate since it basically just a very enhanced type of x ray.Marcia

Old 09-27-2007, 08:05 AM   #8
(female)

Thankyou all so much,
I am actually going to my regular dr today. Last night I had the most severe headache and it has eased up today, but I dont feel right at all. I feel very confused, foggy i guess. and my arms and legs feel week, and my hands are shaky. at first i thought i had to eat, but that did not help improve anything. I feel so exhausted and just dont feel right. I live alone right now, but if I had someone to take me to the er I would have last night. I also feel very off balanced. and my right eye lid is still droopy, not closed just droopy.

Thanks again for the support, I am so petrified of dr's you have no idea. Almost to the point where I rather die and suffer than go to one, but I have 2 young children to think of. I will keep you posted.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

you can always call 911 if you feel the need to,thats what they are there for.if anything and i mean anything else strange or just plain odd happens,please call 911.i really am very concerned about you right now.your symptoms just do not sound good to me at all.i hope you made it to that appt today and your doc sent you right away for at least a CT if nothing else.if there is some level of actual bleed going on within the brain anywhere,a CT would pick that up pretty clearly.it does see actual blood or blood deposits very well.please post when you can,i am sure i am not the only one here who is waiting to see how you are doing and what your Dx is.take care.Marcia

Old 09-30-2007, 07:53 AM   #10
(female)

TERRA157 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar3272 View Post
Hi, I'm new to this site but when I saw your title line I had to throw in my 2 sense. In 1998 I woke in the morning, coughed and my eye closed. i thought that maybe I broke a blood vessel or something. I went to my family physician and was sent straight to the hospital. After i went through the CAT Scan and MRI they did an angiogram. During that they found an aneurysm on the circle of willis which controls the eyes. So a few hours later I was in surgery getting it clipped. Please, Please go and see your doctor to get this taken care of. I know you don't know me from Adam, but this is one thing that I consider myself an expert on.
Actaully the Circle of Willis is a system of blood vessels that supply the brain. Several arteries feed into the C of W to insure that the blood flow will not be totally occluded if there is a clot in one of them. You would still have a stroke or TIA as the other arteries are still open. It is possible that the aneurysm may have caused pressure on the nerve that goes up to the eye muscles when you coughed and caused an increase in intracranial pressure.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #11
(female)

Sorry I have not written back, but I dont get to a computer every day. I was not able to get to the Dr. last week.( I am truely petrified of Dr's) The headaches are still there, eye looks better, just getting twitching. I think it might all be a sinus problem, or my lupus, I am going to try and get someone to take me. Beleive me when I tell you, what I am going through because of a stupid dr covering up her malpractice on my child, you would never go to the Dr again.

But I am here still and I will update you all as soon as I get my nerve up to go. It is not the fear of what they will say, I just dont want to go if it is nothing. Good news I am still here, so it cant be that bad. Thank you all!

Closed Thread