It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
(female)

tori1990 HB User
pineal/putitary cysts...help

hi, im new at this, but i have some questions that no one seems to want to answer.
im 17 and after bringing up headaches at a doctors appt, my doctor suggested i go see a neurologist. so i did, and she told me to go get a MRI done, but not to worry. about 3 weeks after getting my MRI done a nurse called me to tell me to get a MRI w/contrast to "get a closer look" at things. at that point im trying not to freak out. so after i got me second MRI i followed up with my neuorolgist and she told me that i have 2 cysts, a 1cm one in my putitary gland and a 1.5cm one on my pineal gland. she also told me to see a neuosurgen. today i went to the neurosurgen, and he pretty much dismissed everything and told me that yes i have a pineal cyst but its not the cause of my headaches. and there is nothing he can see that is wrong with me. so i asked him about my other one and he looked at me confused and told me to hold on. turns out he didnt see it at first, and my putitary gland isnt really clear so he ordered another MRi and bloodwork.
the only problem is im still getting the headaches, dizziness balance issues, and funny feeling arms/hands. the only thing my neurologist told me to do is see an ear, nose and throat doctor.

so i guess im just wondering if anyone is having similar issues, and if so what's being done about them.

thank you
-tori

Last edited by tori1990; 10-22-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #2
(male)

Deviant HB User
Re: pineal/putitary cysts...help

hey im not a doctor but thought i would at least offer a suggestion. Most doctors will say "nothing is wrong with you, you are fine.. have some rest and drink plenty of water" because it triggers a placebo effect. Don't doubt the strength of your own mind - you can heal yourself if you believe 100% that nothing is wrong with you. Worrying about something only makes it worse.

Considering it is something related to the brain that you are worried about, perhaps meditation will help (would probably stop that dizzyness, and many other problems too).

good luck, be well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
(female)

ltking68 HB User
Smile Re: pineal/putitary cysts...help

Tori - can you describe you exact symptoms and the funny feelings you are getting in your hands and arms? How about your headaches? Do you have migraines? Are you currently taking any medications? Some of this might explain how you are feeling. What do your parents think about what these doctors are saying, especially this neosurgeon? I would get a second opinion. This is YOUR HEALTH and no one elses!!! Fight the good fight!!

Closed Thread