It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
(female)

jeanniebug HB User
electrical zaps in head

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board and would like to ask a question. For about the last week or two, I've been feeling these strange sensations in the back or sometimes top of my head. It feels like little zaps of electricity shooting through. It happens many, many times a day and only lasts for a second each time.

As background, I did have cervical spine fusion done two years ago. I'm wondering if this could be coming from my neck or something else? I'm scared to death it could be an aneurysm or stroke or something!

I do have an MRI scheduled for Oct. 31. It's my second one to rule out MS because there was a small lesion on the last MRI.

I'm scared to death, so if anyone has ever experienced these zaps or has a clue what it could be, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks,

Jeannie

Old 10-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
(female)

lynxgal HB User
Re: electrical zaps in head

Hi Jeanniebug,

I get these too. Sometimes I feel them right behind my eyes and I have had a few cause some awful eye spasm. I have had as many as 7 an hour. I am still seeking a diagnosis and have another appt with the neuro on Oct 30th. Someone on these boards suggested to me it could be Myclonus (sp?). I have had a hard time reseaching this symptom. Not too much comes up except withdrawal from AD drugs.

Do you have any other symptoms?

Good luck with your MRI and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
(female)

jeanniebug HB User

Hi Lynx,

Thanks for your reply. I've posted here before and on other boards and rarely get a response. Just knowing someone cares enough to write back really helps!

I do have a lot of other symptoms and my primary care Doctor thinks I may have Fibromyalgia. I just wish I could find out FOR SURE what's wrong. Then I could learn how to live with it. It's the not knowing that bugs me the most!

I'm going for a sleep study tonight because the Dr. thinks I could have sleep apnea too. I'm hoping my brain zaps will happen while I'm all hooked up to their wires - maybe they'll spot something then.

Good luck with your Neuro appt. Maybe together we can figure this out!

Jeannie

Old 10-24-2007, 07:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

This may not be directly related, but have either of you had your B vitamin levels checked? Deficiencies in B-vits can cause the kind of zaps you're talking about, as well as peripheral neuropathy and a decline in mental capacity. It might be something to check into.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 AM   #5
(female)

lynxgal HB User

Hi Nyxie63,

I have all the blood tests run several times and everything including, the b's, thyroid etc are always perfectly normal. My GP feels it is a Central Nervous System problem.

Thanks for your reply!

Old 10-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #6
(female)

jeanniebug HB User

Hi Nyxie,

No, I haven't had my B vitamins checked. I'm definitely going to ask to be tested. Thanks so much for that suggestion! Boy, if it was something that simple, I sure would be happy!

Jeannie

Closed Thread