It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

All-alone HB User
Brain Current

The last few weeks I keep getting what feels like and electric surge or zap in my head, I feel weird before it happens like sick and dizzy, then spaced out after its happened ?

I have Menieres disease so do get vertigo but this is different?

Can anyone help ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
(female)

lynxgal HB User
Re: Brain Current

Hi and welcome to the boards. I have been experiencing the same thing after a severe episode of vertigo. I wish I had some answers for you but I am still looking for answers myself. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

Can u tell us where u feel the zaps?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

are you currently seeing a neurologist for the menieres?is this actually a very definitive Dx that was made or one that was made becasue it was the 'closest fit' to your symptomology?there IS a big difference there thats why i am asking.docs will do this at times just to place a 'label' onto something when they really should be looking a bit more in depth into the problem area to see if there is anything actually CAUSING the symptoms,you know what i mean?

based upon just my really strange neuro crap that i have had to deal with,with some things inside my brain that were just suddenly dxed one day,i would highly advise you to get a referral for a brain MRI with contrast,just to really get a more in depth look at your area of symptoms.it couldn't hurt at this point ya know?i had some really freaky and just plain strange neuro symptoms mostly inside my head,with some of them being related to an actual brain aneurysm(no headaches ever tho)and the others most likely my spinal cord damage and c spine damage.given the fact that you do have new symptoms,this really would be the best logical next step for your doc to just do for you.you just really wont know what if anything is actually possibly going on in there til it gets a much better look into it.there could be many many reasons for the types of symptoms you have going on with some of them caused by possible brain issues.this should at least be ruled out as a source.i do wish you luck with this and hope they can identify the problem soon for you.please keep me posted,K? marcia

Old 11-02-2007, 06:13 AM   #4
(female)

All-alone HB User

Thanks for the replies, lynxgal it is usually behind my eyes or near my left ear and is litteraly like an electric volt going through my head, makes the same crackly noise and really hurts.

Marcia I am seeing an ENT for the menieres, just had an MRI scan so got to wait another 3 weeks for the results, he dx me on the symptons i gave him but the zaps where not in effect then, hopefully the MRI will give me some answers, I just hope the answers are nice ones

I will let you know if I get any more info and have any more zaps.

Thanks

Closed Thread