It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

lynxgal HB User
Alana20

Hi Alana,

Have not heard from you is a while and I was wondering how you are doing? Hope you are feeling OK.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
(female)

alana20 HB User
Re: Alana20

hi lynxgal

i just logged on to post u and you were thinking the same lol...
well, the head zaps were pretty mild and less frequent for a while till about a week back and came in with a vengance, they were getting to me and its a battle to not go down with them...... about a month ago i had a buzzing/vibrating in the back of my left leg somewhere behind the knee this went on daily for about 3 weeks wasnt painful just grabbed my attention as it pulsed but not with my heart beat it had about 7 seconds between each pulse.....if you ever tried slendertone it was like that.....the head zaps and eye flips seem aggravated by the tv and computer or if i stare at an object while thinking.....they seem to be getting milder tho still frequent.....still carrying on day to day stuff and trying not to be miserable about them but hate them.....i should be seeing neuro oto about jan time but i still havent recieved my app yet....please let me know how you are, i hope ok.......

alana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
(female)

lynxgal HB User

Hi Alana,

Good to hear from you! Great minds think alike LOL.

I have had them settle down a bit as well but it does not seem to last long. I know what u mean about hating the zaps and eye filps. Actually eye flips is a very accurate description! They still bother me with the computer and tv as well. I have had this odd pain under my right shoulder for weeks now. A couple of weekends ago it decided to go into a full blown muscle spasm that went up to the base of my skull, down my back and into my right thumb. Thankfully it only lasted max 15 mins. (probably less...u know how when your in pain time stands still?) That was the weirdest spasm yet. I seem to be more functional but I do not seem to be very patient with anything these days.....probably a result of the long term unknown.

Keep in touch...let me know when u get that appointment.

PS....Question for you....when u scroll a page on the computer...do your eyes over shoot really badly or does it cause a severe eye flip?
*hugs*

Last edited by lynxgal; 11-28-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:34 AM   #4
(female)

alana20 HB User

hi lynxgal

when i scroll the page, it makes me feel dizzy, i cant do it for long, it will cause my eyes to flip if i go fast, also i have to change the screen refresh rate to 75 hertz and turn the brightness/contrast to 0 it makes being on the puter i bit more comfortable....how about you?

alana

Old 11-30-2007, 04:46 AM   #5
(female)

lynxgal HB User

Yes the brightness does effect me...the scrolling sets my eyes off...sometimes with dizziness but most often just the brain zap and eye flip.

Hummmmmm

ttus

Old 12-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
(female)

lynxgal HB User

HI Alana,

Had another round of severe vertigo this week. Went to the PCP yesterday and this time my balance issue was evident. When I had to close my eyes with feet together and arms out I fell over to the right and he had to catch me. I didn't even know I was falling. I am going to see another Neuro.

How have U been?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 AM   #7
(female)

alana20 HB User

hi lynxgal

sorry to hear about your recent bout of vertigo, its so scary when they are severe, its good that it was evident to the doc will he recommend a different neuro? you wonder what sparks them off, do you know what triggers yours?

im still having the eye/brain zaps i try to not let them get my attention but they are hard to ignore i hate it when the cycle of anticipation gets a hold.

i too have been aware of vertigo at times but thankfully hasnt fully kicked in as yours has, even last night as i turned over i could feel it mildly, its enough to get some adrenalin going i feel anxoius for that moment and relieved when it subsides. its been a while since a bad attack but they do occur from time to time and i do sympathise with you, they are vile.

i hope that your are over the worst of it, did they do the test where they lie you back and watch your eyes for nystagmus?

hope you are feeling better please let me know

alana

Old 12-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #8
(female)

lynxgal HB User

Hi Alana,No I don't know what triggers them....they seem to come out of nowhere. Zaps and eye thing still there for me too. Along with frequent muscle spasms and twitches.

Yes he did tip me backwards....is that what he was looking for? Nystagmus? Funny cause he seemed all concerned and kept asking me if I was ok. I wonder if he saw something? I never thought to ask him at the time.

Hope u are feeling ok.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:11 AM   #9
(female)

alana20 HB User

hi lynxgal

yep when ive had the docs quickly tip you back with head supported overhanging the table/bed they are watching your eyes for nystagmus to see if it triggers vertigo, i had some bad episodes but by past experience by the time ive got my appointment the vertigo has subsided i have never had a chance to see a doc while it IS happening, one of my daughters was home one time and she could see my eyes flicking back and forth...

speak soon
take care
alana

Closed Thread