It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
(female)

Lilykat49 HB User
Exclamation Weird sensation in head

Help Please! About 4 years ago I had a feeling in my head, as if maybe it was shutting down, for a couple of seconds things were just not right. Remember saying I didn't feel so good, and needed to go to dr. It only lasted maybe 30 seconds, so I soon forget about it. It then happened (a little over a year later) at work. Was scared, but passed it off. Last January it happened again, all of a sudden, but this time I was standing up, and after it happened
I almost passed out. Finally went to dr. The dr. kept trying to look for reason other than in head. (we have no insurance and this got exspensive). Finally sent me to neurologist, who tried to insit the same thing (not in my brain) but I knew it was in bain, so insisted on MRI. Found tumor (acoustic neuroma)
in brain. I am on watch and wait. The problems is, I have done research on other people with same thing, and no one has every had this weird sensation in head. Also, yesterday had new symptom-weird zig-zag lines in vision. lasted about 15 minutes. Most people with this tumor have some hearing loss(i have none) although I do have dizziness. Is there anyone out there who has had this weird feeling in head, and/or the vision problem. Please help. It gets scary.
Never know when it may happen ( sometimes now I have small weird sensations)-have not had another major one as of today. Only by the grace of God do I get by day to day. Someone help if you can. (sorry this is so long,1st time here) Thanks, Lily

Last edited by Lilykat49; 02-21-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: Weird sensation in head

Sorry I'm just now seeing your post. I have those symptoms with migraine headaches & also Meniere's disease. I feel like I'm going to pass out just for a second & then it passes. I have been to a few neurologist, some say it's a type seizure & others say it's not. The zigzag pattern could be an optical migraine. Let us know what you found out.

Closed Thread