It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
(female)

mkrausni HB User
what do abnormal spikes on an eeg mean?

what do abnormal spikes on an EEG mean? My son has been falling down for no apparent reason, afterwards feeling confused. He is only 4 and has had 2 febrile seizures before. The doctor isn't in today to read the report, and the nurse told me that she isn't sure, but there were some abnormal spikes. They said we will find out tomorrow when the doctor is in and has a chance to read the report. Any ideas?

Old 03-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

mkrausni HB User
Re: what do abnormal spikes on an eeg mean?

Okay, so now the doctor says we have to go see a pediatric neurologist ASAP. I guess my son has an active seizure disorder. What should I look out for with a doctor? What sort of questions should I ask? Now I'm also concerned for his future life, he's only 4 years old, and I hate to wonder if he will have to live a very sheltered life. He is very athletic and loves all sports, especially contact sports. Should I start to limit these sports and encourage non-contact sports??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2008, 06:24 AM   #3
(female)

Ruskingirl HB User
Re: what do abnormal spikes on an eeg mean?

I am so sorry you are going through this with your son. It is hard to accept that are children have problems that we may not be able to fix. My son had a seizure disorder for years, but all of a sudden 8 years ago they stopped and he is still seizure free. I know we are blessed because not everyone has the same type of outcome but it is possible. I wish you the best with your son. Let us know how it turns out.

Closed Thread