It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
(female)

Sketty HB User
Unhappy Pseudotumor Cerebri or MS??? please help

One night this past February I was helping set up for an event at a convention center and suddenly got a horrible tingling sensation in my head and it eventually turned into a moderate headache so I got in my car to drive home (about a 40 minute drive) and halfway there my vision became so blurred I had to drive with one eye closed just to focus, I was scared but I made it home and brushed it off like it was just a common migraine (I had never had a migraine before this, however) anyways, as soon as I got home I passed out on the couch and slept for 24 hours straight without waking up once even to use the bathroom. But I felt fine when I woke up so I didn't really think anything of it. about 4 days later on a Saturday night at work my head hurt so bad and my vision became so blurred that I left work in an ambulance. When I got to the emergency room my pulse was at 35 bpm and my blood pressure was also very low, I was immediately put into intensive care where I remained for the worst 4 days of my life, the doctors were doing every test and were talking about a brain tumor because I apparently had many of the symptoms. They put me on a number of different pain medications in the meantime and nothing helped to relieve the pain. On the 4th night the neurologist decided to give me a spinal tap, the pressure was very high and the next morning I felt great, the headache was gone almost instantly and I was sent home with pain medication and a drug called amitryptoline, and with a diagnoses of "Pseudotumor Cerebri". Here's the thing, Everything I've read about this disease says that it's linked to obesity, I am not obese, at all. and since the dilemma, the tingling has come back,the headaches have come back, not as severe, but I get them, and my vision is often blurred, I also get really tired and can sleep for long periods of time and can fall asleep at any random time. And I have a new and very scary symptom, I'll be lying down and suddenly my heart will begin racing and beating very hard, it almost hurts, I don't really know how to describe it. I'm afraid to go back to the doctor because I don't have insurance and have over $20,000 in medical bills because of my stay in intensive care. I'm absolutely terrified that if I go back they'll find something worse, I did have some white spots show up on my MRI but the doctor said I'm too young to have MS and he believes the Pseudotumor Cerebri is the cause? I'm only 19 years old, and in good shape, so why would I get a disease like this? How do I deal with it, and could it be something worse, like MS? I'm really scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread