It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
(female)

Mellington HB User
Warm Water Sensation on leg

I have begun to have a feeling on my left leg.Its in between my knee and thigh..like right in the middle of my upper leg. It feels like i have warm water being poured onto that spot..when it first happened i actually looked at my leg and wiped it bc it was so feel(the feeling)
there is slight tingling with it. I have no other symptoms.
Ive researched this TONS on the internet..googling 'warm leg sensation' etc....and theres many ppl with this..AMAZINGLY NO ONE HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED...many of u will suggest blood clot..but many of these other ppl ive spoke to hav eseen dr. about this and they ALL said no..anyone else have a clue??

The Following User Says Thank You to Mellington For This Useful Post:
kbond (06-06-2011)
Old 04-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Warm Water Sensation on leg

so this area just has the overall 'perception' of the warm water being poured with no real raise in the overall 'heat' generating there? am i correct? if so,it almost certainly would NOT be blood clot related,it actually is some level of neuro involvement stemming from somewhere.

finding the "source' is the key. have you ever had an MRI of at least your low back area or even a full spinal MRI done at anytime just to see what maybe possibly lurking in there? i am only asking since alot of 'perceptionary' types of sensation and or even pain can be stemming from as far down as the spinal cord itself. this is what i have been feeling since my spinal cord was damaged,but mine is up in the c spine area with the symptoms in my leg. for some odd reason,and i have both spinal issues and a spinal cord injury too, the stuff i get that i know is from my spinal cord stuff is mostly always 'perceptionary'(like someone is "doing' something to my body or a particular feeling like what you are describing)while the actual spinal stuff(stenosis and deterioration of discs) is almost always a very direct type of pain with "some' strange sensations,but no real perception stuff like i get with my sci.

just obtaining an MRI from the very top c spine down to the s,really could reveal a problem somewhere within the spine or the cord itself. it should just be done as a rule out or rule in type of test.'something' is most definitely affecting your neuro status here with what you are describing. its just a matter of tracking it back to the source. you can have a particular problem way up in your c spine that is possible to casue real issues further down in your body. i would seek out a neurologist for now for a full eval but getting that MRI referred from your primary doc first would give that doc something to possibly work with. depending upon just what is or is not found would kind of really dictate your next step here,but it really does need to be done.

hopefully it isn't anything major,but you do need to know. please keep me posted as to what you find out. good luck,Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
(female)

lizaf HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellington View Post
I have begun to have a feeling on my left leg.Its in between my knee and thigh..like right in the middle of my upper leg. It feels like i have warm water being poured onto that spot..when it first happened i actually looked at my leg and wiped it bc it was so feel(the feeling)
there is slight tingling with it. I have no other symptoms.
Ive researched this TONS on the internet..googling 'warm leg sensation' etc....and theres many ppl with this..AMAZINGLY NO ONE HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED...many of u will suggest blood clot..but many of these other ppl ive spoke to hav eseen dr. about this and they ALL said no..anyone else have a clue??

Old 08-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
(female)

lizaf HB User

Did you get anything done about this, an MRI? I have just had the same thing for the first time and was amazed at how you described it, as that is exactly what it felt like. Mine was mid thigh on the right leg. I thought I some how spilled a warm liquid on it. It has happened now about 10 times in two days.
Liza

Old 08-24-2008, 05:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cindys601 HB User

Hi~

I get these sensations as well, but I get them all over. I agree that seeing a neurologist is a good idea. I have Chiari malformation, which causes compression of my nerves and also tethered cord, which affects the spinal cord. So I get these wet feelings on my extemities as well as my head along with pins and needle sensations.

Its generally nothing painful, just a "weird" sensation that should be looked into.

Good luck~

Cindy

Old 08-31-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
(female)

Pamela1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindys601 View Post
Hi~

I get these sensations as well, but I get them all over. I agree that seeing a neurologist is a good idea. I have Chiari malformation, which causes compression of my nerves and also tethered cord, which affects the spinal cord. So I get these wet feelings on my extemities as well as my head along with pins and needle sensations.

Its generally nothing painful, just a "weird" sensation that should be looked into.

Good luck~

Cindy
Hi Cindy, I've just joined as a new member having searched the internet for the very symptoms you described - namely the feeling of a warm liquid being over over the thigh. This started with me two days ago and just like you I went to wipe the liquid away - somehow forgetting I was not drinking anything at the time! It is a bizarre and weird sensation, only lasting a few seconds, but repeats itself throughout the day. Puzzling. Have you managed to find out anything else, as I see you posted your message last year. If you have gleaned any further info, I would love to know.

All the best.

Pam

Old 08-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
(female)

Luther25 HB User

I only signed up yesterday. In bed last night I had my first feeling of water sensation, but mine was more cold. I've had a femoral bypass on my leg and it was scary. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cindys601 HB User

Hi Pam~

I do believe this is something neurological on my part. I was diagnosed in April of this year with Arnold Chiai Malformation. My brain is actually sinking into my spine, compressing my nerves. When these nerves are compressed, a number of symptoms can surface.

In my 20's I was experiencing tingling in my left side. Never thought much of it but as the years went by, I was getting strange sensations in my whole body. In the end, this has affected my strength in my legs and a cluster of other symptoms as well. A pinched nerve in the spine or neck can also be the culprit and alot of other neurological diseases as well.

Definately feels weird to feel water when its not there. I get this ALOT!! For years I thought this was normal and everyone got this sensation. Its nice to finally know why its happening. Do you have other symptoms or just this one?

Cindy

Old 08-31-2008, 07:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cindys601 HB User

Hi Luther~

I get the cold feeling on the back of my neck alot. Feels like I had a wet icepack on my neck. Definately is nerve related. I hope your bypass went well and your feeling better!!

Welcome to the boards!!

Cindy

Old 09-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
(female)

robinegg HB Userrobinegg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther25 View Post
I only signed up yesterday. In bed last night I had my first feeling of water sensation, but mine was more cold. I've had a femoral bypass on my leg and it was scary. It's nice to know I'm not alone.
Hi
i get lots of this and numbness and tingling in extremities and heaps more symptoms I was diagnosed with a B12 deficeincy you may like to look into this as it causes heaps of problems I can let you know what tests and other info no worries
Good luck to you

Closed Thread