It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 06:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dream77 HB User
Cold spots ?

Hi,
Recently I experience cold spots in areas like my abdomen, eyelids .. not to mention I have very cold hands.
MRIs, spinal taps etc are all negative for lesions/MS etc.
Any ideas on why this is so and if there's anything to worry about ?
No one can find anything wrong with me..

Old 05-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Cold spots ?

I think we can all have hot and cold spots from time to time. I think that is fairly normal. I have a spot on my butt that is cold all the time. lol I think that is the weirdest thing. But anyhow...have you had your thyroid checked? You should see if the levels with your thyroid are ok. If you are running with a low thyroid you could get some cold feeling, expecially in your hands and feet. I am hypothyroid and have been for about 2 years. I am learning to deal with it and keep it under control. I am glad you don't have MS or things of that nature. I am being tested for that right now. It is nerve racking waiting for test results. Good luck and try not to worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dream77 HB User

thanks for your reply ..
I'm having my thyroid checked every few months.. I did have post partum thyroiditis last year and my neurological issues noticably started after I got a bad stomach virus for which I ate one flagyl and that left me VERY messed up.That was nearly 8months ago.
I started having carpal tunnel issues and neuropathy in my feet and hands.. all quite suddenly.. but the cold spots is something new started.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hi again Dream! Sounds like you are having a time of it too. The thyroid issues can REALLY mess up your life. I have had chronic trouble ever since I became hypothyroid. (I still think I got it from living in a house that had mold in the basement for 3 years. It destroyed my thyroid. But that is a separate issue) So now I have neurological issues cropping up 2 years into this mess, plus perimenopause. I am 43. So sometimes it's hard to distinguish all the symptoms and where they are coming from. But I have hold and cold spots on my body, tinglying and shooting pains from time to time. Muscle twitches all over my body for almost 1 year now that are unexplained. Tests are being run on me right now for all that. That makes me anxious and upset. I had 10 weeks of therapy on my siatic nerves and was also getting carpal tunnel due to being a massage therapist, so I had to cut back on that work a bit. Heck, I feel like I am falling apart. haha! Sometimes I have to laugh about it so I don't cry. Maybe alot of it is just aging....

Anyhow...I hope you get your things figured out. Don't worry, its probably something simple. But if your thyroid is going wacko, they can get it under control for you with meds. I have also heard from someone on here and on other sites that antibiotics can be so bad for us, even though we have to take them at times there have been some who claim that they cause nerve damage. It wouldn't suprise me at all if that were true. I had taken them alot for my sinus infections and now I could be paying the price neurolocially. Bummer! It stinks! Hang in there! You are not alone!

Last edited by TEdds83; 05-08-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Closed Thread