It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
(female)

goingcrazy7403 HB User
Neurological Withdrawal Symptoms

Hi, I am new to this board. but I need to get some answers since none of the drs that I have seen can help me on this..

Let me start from the beginning.. I have had genital herpes symptoms for the past 8 years. I have had numerous hsv 1 and 2 IGG) blood tests.. (5 in total) and they all were negative. I do not get the classic symptom of blisters.. Mine look like pimples.. I have gone to 5 different doctors.. They will not culture what looks like to them a pimple or cyst.. They say that is not herpes.. Mine appear under the skin.. but I get the other symptoms, plus more..

Burning urination, restless legs, pain/ache legs, sore lymph nodes under arm pits, pain down buttocks, pimples on inner thighs which I have been told foliculitis.. but they refuse to culture any of these bumps.

I even had a culture of genital fluid when I thought what I call was a beginning of an outbreak, where it hurts to urinate, itching etc.. (but again no blisters) that genital fluid culture was also negative.

I am also a recovering alcoholic (yes, I am posted on the alcohol forum). The other symptoms that I get just before I feel like I am having an outbreak is the feeling of withdrawal symptoms( what I had when I binge drank). (which is shaking on the inside like my internal organs are going to pop out, foggy brain, clumsy walk, weakness in hands/feet,

I finally talked my last dr to put me on valtrex (have been taking 500 mg since April) (also they would come at least 1 per month.. may be more) because I couldn't deal with this anymore.

She did, but I keep getting these symptoms. I am also menopausal

If you did, does your anxiety feel the same way.. That is what the drs all tell me.. That it is not withdrawal that I am feeling but anxiety..

I have been doing a lot of research on this but herpes symptoms do not match any of these neurological symptoms that are occuring..

Now dr say genital herpes doesn't cause any neurological symptoms, but doing extensive reading from others with this condition.. some say they do experience some sensations..

Cany any one help me on this..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread