It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #1

s1chris HB User
what causes lesions on your spine?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: what causes lesions on your spine?

it kind of depends upon just what type of lesion you have. do you have an MRI report to to go from? ifso,please just state what it has in the summary about what your particular lesion is and how it is described in it. this,depending upon the wording they use to describe it can sometimes narrow down what your particular lesion actually consists of. the most common would be whats called a hemangioma or angioma. these would be just venous fed lesions but there are others that are arterially fed too,that would be called an AVM or arteriovenous malformation. and other cystic types of lesions can also occur. some you can be born with and others create themselves for some particular reason. if you have the MRI info it would help me to help you.Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
(female)

donnablansett HB User
Re: what causes lesions on your spine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1chris View Post
Would like to know this as well, just found out today that I have 2 2cm lesions on my spine. Back in March I fell backwards off my mixer truck and cracked 5 ribs 5 months later my ring and little finger stings and aches and numbness, went in to see what causing all my back pain had MRI and was told about two spot they couldnt rule out cancer, so more test to come however everything came back normal except the last bone scanned that found lesion on my spine. Been doing some searching and found that the numbness and stinging could be from the lesions on spine. Was fine until the fall, just curious could the fall had cause the lesion on my spine?

Closed Thread