It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
(male)

Devin Nore HB User
Soar Neck, Numb Lip, Tingling sensations

About 2 months ago i woke up with a slightly soar neck and tingling sensations in my left arm and hand, everytime i turned my head to the left i could hear small cracking noises.. i had never injured my neck before and have been perfectly healthy in my past.. it went away 2 days later until 3 weeks afterwards, i woke up with the same symptoms, but the tingling sensations were more noticable, and progressed to my left toes being numb at times, eventually the next week the tingling had progressed to my entire body, including my face, but most consistantly in my neck. As of now i have a numb spot on the right side of my lower lip that hasn't gone away for a week, i feel alot weaker in my upper body, and my neck is really soar and stiff at times and its hard to keep my head positioned in 1 spot for a small period of time, my left foot's "2nd to the left" toe has almost gone completely numb, numbness spreading slightly in my forearms that comes n goes, as well as numbness in my ears and jawline. Also been getting pretty powerfull muscle twitches throughout my entire body.

I have gone to the emerg. 4 times and had an xray of my neck that came back negative, as well as a ct scan that was also negative..

I've seen my family doctor who prescribed me paxil, and said i just have anxiety... which i know is bs..
Along with a few other walk in clinic doctors who have said i just have a pinched muscle in my neck, although i havent done anything to stress my muscles.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
(female)

sailn HB User
Re: Soar Neck, Numb Lip, Tingling sensations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Nore View Post
About 2 months ago i woke up with a slightly soar neck and tingling sensations in my left arm and hand, everytime i turned my head to the left i could hear small cracking noises.. i had never injured my neck before and have been perfectly healthy in my past.. it went away 2 days later until 3 weeks afterwards, i woke up with the same symptoms, but the tingling sensations were more noticable, and progressed to my left toes being numb at times, eventually the next week the tingling had progressed to my entire body, including my face, but most consistantly in my neck. As of now i have a numb spot on the right side of my lower lip that hasn't gone away for a week, i feel alot weaker in my upper body, and my neck is really soar and stiff at times and its hard to keep my head positioned in 1 spot for a small period of time, my left foot's "2nd to the left" toe has almost gone completely numb, numbness spreading slightly in my forearms that comes n goes, as well as numbness in my ears and jawline. Also been getting pretty powerfull muscle twitches throughout my entire body.

I have gone to the emerg. 4 times and had an xray of my neck that came back negative, as well as a ct scan that was also negative..

I've seen my family doctor who prescribed me paxil, and said i just have anxiety... which i know is bs..
Along with a few other walk in clinic doctors who have said i just have a pinched muscle in my neck, although i havent done anything to stress my muscles.
Hi there I just wanted to say that I have had almost the same thing happen to me in the last two weeks and everyone thinks i am nuts.I have always been healthy and never had problems with my back and now I am numb and tinglings and hearing crackling in my ears! Am I crazy? I don't think so I have had all the tests and I am sick to death with it all! Please help!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
(female)

Ann70 HB User
Smile Re: Soar Neck, Numb Lip, Tingling sensations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Nore View Post
About 2 months ago i woke up with a slightly soar neck and tingling sensations in my left arm and hand, everytime i turned my head to the left i could hear small cracking noises.. i had never injured my neck before and have been perfectly healthy in my past.. it went away 2 days later until 3 weeks afterwards, i woke up with the same symptoms, but the tingling sensations were more noticable, and progressed to my left toes being numb at times, eventually the next week the tingling had progressed to my entire body, including my face, but most consistantly in my neck. As of now i have a numb spot on the right side of my lower lip that hasn't gone away for a week, i feel alot weaker in my upper body, and my neck is really soar and stiff at times and its hard to keep my head positioned in 1 spot a small period of time, my left foot's "2nd to the left" toe has almost gone completely numb, numbness spreading slightly in my forearms that comes n goes, as well as numbness in my ears and jawline. Also been getting pretty powerfull muscle twitches throughout my entire body.

Hello,...I am truly sorry to hear of your trouble. I too am experiencing this oddity. I am just starting to explore the source of the numbness and tingling so if and when these doctors diagnose and treat the symptoms I will post again. I am certain it is more than an anxiety issue. I started to experience the tingling and numbness throughout my entire body (head to toes) about three weeks ago. I have had radiography testing to determine if the problem lies within my joints causing damage to nerves. Nothing has yet to be determined. I have been to the ER on a few occasions and given injections of DHE (Migraine medication) which often helps. I have a prescription for Immitrex which I now take to fend off the effects which the doctors seem to believe is another form of Migraine headaches (one that does not have the excruciating pain and light sensitivity which I have had in the past).

Unlike you, I have had neck damage and lower back troubles since I was a young woman (20's) but nothing as odd as this has ever occurred.

I pray you find resolve soon. As for myself, this "condition" is now causing me anxiety due to the fact the numbness does not leave me for more than an hour at a time. I cannot imagine being dismissed by my physicians as having nothing wrong with me more than an anxiety issue. That is just horrible for I truly understand and KNOW your trouble to be real.
Hang in there.
Sincerely, Ann

Old 10-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

Hi everyone!....first of all have any of you had a B12 test?If not...get one done...tingling/numbness,weakness...classic low B12 symptoms....twitching too.

Drs. just attribute everything nowadays to stress........

Also low blood sugar can cause those symptoms.

Any questions...please post back...I care!

Scout~

Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

you had two tests that use the same exact thing to produce results,x ray or radiation. the one thing you DO need is an MRI which looks at things differently becasue it usues magnetism. this 'inside' view of certain structures within your spinal areas just gets a much deeper and clear look at the spine,all the way down to the cord level. do you have your own copies of your reports? if not,get them since alot of docs do not tell you everything that is even in your own reports or even know what certain findings in the reports can mean for a patient. it all depends upon the docs overall knowlegde and experience,and so does that radiology report,but with the interpretting radiologists overall knowledge and experience. you do not have to actually have suffered any real injury in order to have spinal issues. things just happen over the years and with wear and tear. even an injury you actually suffered many years ago can come back to haunt you once we reach certain ages or just move wrong too. how old are you?

if you actually have the copies of your CT report,could you post the summary at the very end here? this is where everything and anything that comes up as a finding gets stated. it would help if anything at all came up in there just to know what did. given your symptoms,this really does sound more like a c or t spine issue as opposed to other possibilities like within the brain. if you were not "hearing" things when you moved your neck it could be other things,but i am willing to bet your problem IS within that spine area it just didn;t get picked up using the CT only. you just need that much deeper look,and using a contrasting agent too. it just helps.

before you move on,you just need to very thoroughly go thru the most likely areas much more deeply. certain things just will not show up using only x ray. your symptoms just sound alot like radiculopathy,which is from spinal issues.please keep us posted,marcia

Old 10-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

I agree completely with marcia on that(good posting marcia!).

So tired of Drs. attributing everything to stress!

Take Care Everyone...and be strong and stand firm about getting a "real" diagnosis instead of the "generic" kind that Drs. are handing out like candy these days.

Scout~

Closed Thread