It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
(female)

RuinReita HB User
headaches, twitching muscles, extremely tired

Hello all.

I've been slightly worried about some of these strange symptoms I've been having lately. I'm sure they're nothing but... Better safe than sorry, right?

I used to never have headaches, but lately I've been getting splitting headaches every so often, but only to a certain part of my head (i.e., toprightfront?). Also, this entire last weekend, my brain felt slightly dizzy and woozy
Also, in the past two months, my muscles have been twitching a lot and I can't control them. My eye used to twitch, but now it's my legs, arms and shoulders too.
And as of late, I've been inexplicably sleepy--like, I'll not sleep very well and then make it up but still get very tired.

Any idea what could be wrong?

I'm probably overreacting a little, since it could be just stress or lack of sleep, but I want to make sure.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User
Re: headaches, twitching muscles, extremely tired

hi RuinReita...do you have any numbness/tingling inyour hands/feet or anywhere?Also any muscle weakness?Is the twitching more in one area...like the calves,ankles,feet,etc.?

Sorry for so many ????but need more info....want to help....please post back...also are you near age of peri-menopause or in menopause.Any other health issues going on or medications you are taking right now?

Did you have any tests or see a dr. yet about this?

Could be nothing,but could be one of several things...like MS,ALS,Chiari,Lupus or just benign muscle fasiculation.

take care and hope to hear back fromyou~

Scout~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2008, 12:29 AM   #3
(female)

RuinReita HB User

Umm....I don't know if it's "tingles" but sometimes my calves will tickle while I'm sitting at the computer for a long time. Actually, my ankle is tingling right now, and sometimes my shoulders and head will tingle when i stretch upwards. I don't know about muscle weakness, but the twitching happens in my arms/calves/thighs, and maybe once in my side.

I'm actually just 17, and I don't leave a healthy lifestyle; I haven't had much exercise since maybe July/August time. I have asthma and eczema (keeps me up at night because I itch) as well, but I'm under a lot of stress from school and such (SATs, college applications, grades).

I haven't seen a doctor yet, but I don't want to have to make my mother take me if it isn't too serious which is why I'm asking.

And thank you so much for your concern and questions.

I hope that helps ><

Old 10-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

Hi...oh you are so young!Your symptoms are mostly headaches and the muscle twitching so Maybe you just need magnesium and if you're tired a lot you could be anemic.A very good place to start would be to get a complete blood panel done....to see if you're low in any electrolytes,vitamins,etc.That way if all is well with that then you might want to see a neurologist to find out what's causing the twitching...which would mean youmost likely would need a brain and c-spine MRI.

Really it's a good idea to see a dr. and get some blood work up done.

Post back anytime....take care~Scout

Old 10-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

RuinReita,

Welcome to the boards!!

Do see a doctor...and rule out what you can. If everything "appears" normal, consider reading extensively about Lyme's disease.

Good luck!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

I have twitching all over my body as well as a host of other problems!

Closed Thread