It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
(female)

Regina70 HB User
Short Sharp Pains In The Head And Eletric Shock Feeling In Thr Brain

For years I have had short sharp pains in my head sometimes just one and sometimes clusters of them. Lately I had elertic shock feeling in my brain and for a few seconds I'm dizzy. Any ideas what this is?

Old 11-08-2008, 03:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: Short Sharp Pains In The Head And Eletric Shock Feeling In Thr Brain

Welcome to the boards, Regina!

What does your doctor think it is? And what tests have you had done?

Bethsheba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2008, 05:32 AM   #3
(male)

spcfnz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina70 View Post
For years I have had short sharp pains in my head sometimes just one and sometimes clusters of them. Lately I had elertic shock feeling in my brain and for a few seconds I'm dizzy. Any ideas what this is?
I wish I did, I get the same BUT no pain as such,
The best way I can describe the sensation is a very very brief pulse, 1 or two ata time, almost like the sensation when a blister is popped and there is a change in the pressure in the body, a little like an electric shock but not as sharp. I find it's worse just after waking up, sometimes can go for days without it occuring. but lately can have 4 every 5 seconds. There is a link to slight neck moevment and slight eye movement.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
(male)

Wolflover38 HB User

spcfnz,

I too seem to be having "pulses" also. At first I thought they were palpitations, but every EKG,x-ray, or holter monitor test my doctors have done is negative. My blood pressure runs high most of the time, so they don't think that's a contributing factor. I am on a number of meds, for depression, my high BP, and now I'm told I'm diabetic. The only consistent trigger I can find thus far, is if I forget to take my medications for a day. It's a feeling like touching an electric fence, without any pain. Just like a thump or two, disorientation, and sometimes I can "hear" a kind of swooshing sound when I move my eyes or turn my head suddenly. It usually subsides after I take my medications for that day, but it doesn't any less scary, or any less frustrating when the doctors can't find anything. Every time I bring it up to the doctors, they run another EKG, which of course comes back negative.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #5
(male)

spcfnz HB User

Update,
Ok I can now confirm that taking a small 1-2 day break from my antidepressants ( Effexor -xr) will cause a bout of these pulses in my head.
However there is still a link to movng the eyes very slightly, which will trigger a one off pulse.
How many others here have been on anidepressants, can you list brands ?

Closed Thread