It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

jmaz295 HB User
what causes spinal cord lesions

what causes spinal cord lesions

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
(male)

biologiahombre HB User
Re: what causes spinal cord lesions

Several things can actually. It depends a lot on what kind of lesions, where they are, their size, and other factors. If you have had an MRI and a report states you have spinal cord lesions then there are in fact many possible things that could have cause it. It is best left up to the radiologist and neurologist to diagnose. It could be anything from a virus to an injury to a degenerative disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: what causes spinal cord lesions

great reply up there bio. i just wanted to add one more thing to the list of causes. like bio stated,there can be many reasons for them,but there can also be a congenital form too. they can be vascular such as a cavernous hemangioma(i had this and was born with it) or its arterial counterpart,and AVM. these are the vascular type of lesions. just what does your MRI report state about them(how did the radiologist phrase this finding) and where exactly are they? knowing more info would help. marcia

Closed Thread