It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
(female)

sarahmckwow HB User
why do i constantly feel dizzy and weak all the time? is this from my anxiety?

why do i constantly feel dizzy and weak all the time? is this from my anxiety? My legs always feel weird, I have bad anxiety, I used to have seizures about 3 years ago and I started out being worried about having another one and now i'm just worried about everything all the time. My legs feel weird when I walk, sometimes it feels like I have bubbles in my leg. I am constantly twitchy.... I feel like in just un-normal, is all of this just from having anxiety, if so how do I get over it?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User
Re: why do i constantly feel dizzy and weak all the time? is this from my anxiety?

hello Sarah

A lot of symptoms to go over here.

First what "type" of seizures did you have?Were you alert while having them or unconscious?Also what did your neurologist say about your seizures?Did you have an abnormal EEG?MRI?

Sorry tohave to ask you so many questions.Need to gt a clearer "pictur" of what's going on.

Where are you having the twitches?Ankles?Legs?Arms?Neck?Back?Any muscle cramping along with the twitching or separate from it?

Have you had any blood labs drawn recently?

Are you on any medication for the anxiety?

I have a history os very similar symptoms to yours...so first if you could give some more info then I can look at this and see where it may be pointing to.I don't want to alarm you and say what you might have....we're not drs. here,but we sure can offer some good advice that may be helpful to you.

Do you get any pins 'n needles feelings in your hands/feet?Trouble walking/loss of appetite/cold intolerance/heat intolerance/sore tongue/vision disturbances/ringing in ears/asthma symptoms/sensory disturbances/impaired vibration or position sense/sudden electric-like shocks down the spine/unsteadiness while standing with your eyes closed?

Please post back~would like to helptake care~

Scout

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
(male)

Sebastian37 HB User
Re: why do i constantly feel dizzy and weak all the time? is this from my anxiety?

I have been living with similar symptoms for a little over 4 months now. Light headed, brain fog, ringing in ears, weakness in legs and occasional vision flutter. Been to family doctor and ENT... was prescribed serc but my symptoms have not improved at all. Have an MRI scheduled for mid January.

I almost forget what it's like to feel normal. It's really hard to go about my everyday life feeling this way. I try my best to put on a brave face for my family, but the truth is I am really scared that it is something life threatening.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hello

please get a B12 level test and an MMA test ASAP....

Scout

Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
(female)

Robbysmom HB User

Hi,
Are either of you on any medications? Can you list them for me (if you don't mind that is).

Old 01-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
(female)

sarahmckwow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout316 View Post
hello Sarah

A lot of symptoms to go over here.

First what "type" of seizures did you have?Were you alert while having them or unconscious?Also what did your neurologist say about your seizures?Did you have an abnormal EEG?MRI?

Sorry tohave to ask you so many questions.Need to gt a clearer "pictur" of what's going on.

Where are you having the twitches?Ankles?Legs?Arms?Neck?Back?Any muscle cramping along with the twitching or separate from it?

Have you had any blood labs drawn recently?

Are you on any medication for the anxiety?

I have a history os very similar symptoms to yours...so first if you could give some more info then I can look at this and see where it may be pointing to.I don't want to alarm you and say what you might have....we're not drs. here,but we sure can offer some good advice that may be helpful to you.

Do you get any pins 'n needles feelings in your hands/feet?Trouble walking/loss of appetite/cold intolerance/heat intolerance/sore tongue/vision disturbances/ringing in ears/asthma symptoms/sensory disturbances/impaired vibration or position sense/sudden electric-like shocks down the spine/unsteadiness while standing with your eyes closed?

Please post back~would like to helptake care~

Scout
I had grand mal.
I was always awake.
I got taken off my medicine about 1.5 years ago.
My neurologist said i was free.
but I'm always worried.
I always feel weird.
I take zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks.
I always get really weird thoughts.
I'm guessing its just the medicine.
I probably make myself feel like this though.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
(female)

sarahmckwow HB User

I feel the same way.
I go to a therapist, I tell her all my symptoms, and like everything I say, its all signs of anxiety.
the whole worrying about it being life threating disesaes and eveything.
Idk, I take zoloft.
It has sorta helped but not really.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:34 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi sarah

well a lot of times drs. don't know the reason why someone is having or had seizure pattern.

most of the time it is metabollic...something off with your metabolism.could be your diet.twitching is usually something to do with an unbalanced magnesium/calcium ratio or something going on in the brain(silent seizures).

so if your dr. said you asre seizure free then I gather you had a clear,normal EEG.

I would still suggest blood labs to check your B12,electrolytes and such.

I wouldn't chalk all your symptoms up to anxiety....to me that is a "lazy diagnosis" on the drs. part.

Your health is important and when it is compromising your quality of life I wouldn't just let some dr. tell me it's all in my head.

Scout~

The Following User Says Thank You to scout316 For This Useful Post:
nicolesilva (02-06-2012)
Old 01-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
(female)

sarahmckwow HB User

Oh.
I don't know.
I have always had panic attacks, not knowing they were panic attacks.
I have had anxiety since I was two years old.
And honestly, it got worse once I started taking the medicine.
I really hope it's the anixety though, not like something massively wrong with me.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #10
(female)

ilona73u HB User

im new to here but not to the dizziness curse > i just got diagnosed with neuro cardiogenic syncope , they tried to say i have anxiety and depression but i knew that wasnt it so i kept pushing even though they didnt believe me and it ended up being a heart issue, have your doc ck your blodd pressure sitting then standing if it drops alot then you MAY have it but go to a cardiologist and get a tilt table test done, they gave me beta blockers and they worked at first but not so much now, I ******* HATE THIS!!!! i have tried 20 different pills for depression and i didnt even have it , now i have to try 20 different pills for this and why the **** would they try to cure dizziness with a pill that has the side effect of dizziness *** does this even begin to make sense ????????????? sorry to be such a ***** i just am ****** i sick of being home i want to go do things , i have to figure this **** out, if anybody can help please do =) thank you
ilona

Old 01-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #11
(male)

Sebastian37 HB User

I know the frustration all too well ilona. I don't think I will ever feel normal again. Had my MRI... awaiting results. Also have developed new symptoms. Random *****ly sensations in legs, arms, hands, feet and leg pain(mostly calves). I think all my symptoms combined are pointing towards MS

Old 01-17-2009, 12:24 AM   #12
(female)

DizzieBlonde HB User

Hey ilona, I think it's healthy to get angry about things sometimes - it's just so damn unfair when we get burdened with health conditions.

If you did an internet search on 'diagnosis frustration' you may find some interesting sites!

Last edited by DizzieBlonde; 01-17-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:30 AM   #13
(female)

robinegg HB Userrobinegg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout316 View Post
hi sarah

well a lot of times drs. don't know the reason why someone is having or had seizure pattern.

most of the time it is metabollic...something off with your metabolism.could be your diet.twitching is usually something to do with an unbalanced magnesium/calcium ratio or something going on in the brain(silent seizures).

so if your dr. said you asre seizure free then I gather you had a clear,normal EEG.

I would still suggest blood labs to check your B12,electrolytes and such.

I wouldn't chalk all your symptoms up to anxiety....to me that is a "lazy diagnosis" on the drs. part.

Your health is important and when it is compromising your quality of life I wouldn't just let some dr. tell me it's all in my head.

Scout~
Hi my dear friend havent been around for a while i have contacted you but it was returned I hope you are well.....
Cheers
rainbows

Closed Thread