It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
(female)

4x4mom HB User
Burning head sensation

So i've had this burning head sensation for about 2 weeks now- it started out not so bad and the past two days its been irratating. I have to relax to make it not get worse....if i freak out it gets worse- i have been under a lot of stress...but thats nothing new- luckily my doc is testing my hormones and tyroid- results are in tomorrow. Has anyone else had this syptom?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Burning head sensation

just a quick question for you. is this "burning' actually like a one spot burning sensation or more of like an actual sensation of heat that flushes kind of thru your head?kind of like a 'heat flash' but ONLY like on the outter part of your head, just flushes like from front to back at times,and ONLY in your head or down the back into the neck and stops kind of thing? Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
(female)

4x4mom HB User

It's a specific couple spots- mainly on the side of my head follwed with a tingling. It actually feels good to push on my head- I feel like my head is in a fog cloud, i cant concentrate wheni try and use my brain. My eyes are a little sensitive to focusing- im not blurred just takes a min for it to register to my brain i think. I have had a low grade fever for 5 days now and this has been a constant for 7 days and started random "burning" headaches for a week before the constant feeling. I called the doc, they got my in this afternoon. So we will see

Old 07-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
(female)

Quin1823 HB User

4x4 mom Did you ever find out what was going on? I have been having this weird pressure and burning feeling as well. I have gotten a ct scan and it came up clean. The only thing that came up was that I had fluid in my ear.

Thanks,
Quin

Old 07-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
(female)

4x4mom HB User

Yes, I went to the doctor, and she said that I pulled a couple muscles in my neck that was sending pain due to a pinched nerve.....I used hot and cold packs and a lot of massage..it was gone after another week or so...the doc said that it can cause tension headaches also

Closed Thread