It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dolejaly HB User
Question Rubber band feeling around my ankle

I have been diagnosed years ago w/ chronic pain in my back and legs, told I had sciatica and coyxedina..but, recently I have been having pain issues w/ feeling of a tightening like a rubber band feeling around my right ankle and my feet feel like they are ice cold, and now it is starting to happen in both ankles. There are times like I feel like ice cold water is rushing through my ankles down to my feet. I have mentioned this to my doctor and he didn't know. Beings I have had back and leg pain for so long he seems to blame a lot onto the back and getting older. I am 44 yrs old and I don't think that my age would have anything to do with it. I am 5'4 and approximately 115 lbs so it has nothing to do w/ extra weight. My legs feel like they are heavy and swelled although they don't look swelled but it is becoming uncomfortable to have to deal with on a daily basis.

Anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this or have been through this them self?

Last edited by dolejaly; 03-14-2009 at 05:07 AM.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User
Re: Rubber band feeling around my ankle

Yes, I've had back problems all my life and now I have stenosis, which causes legs problems, and my feet also get very cold at times. I would suggest going to a neuro. since they specialize in the nerves. It sounds like you may have a problem with circulation in your legs, this can cause the cold feeling, and the tightening. I also don't think it has anything to do with your age. Good luck to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2009, 04:51 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dolejaly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey443 View Post
Yes, I've had back problems all my life and now I have stenosis, which causes legs problems, and my feet also get very cold at times. I would suggest going to a neuro. since they specialize in the nerves. It sounds like you may have a problem with circulation in your legs, this can cause the cold feeling, and the tightening. I also don't think it has anything to do with your age. Good luck to you

With all the medical issues that have taken a toll on my body in the past 2 months with increase of pain, swelling, weight gain,sweats,chills and now my heart is flipping out that I have decided that I will not let the doctors just blow this off. What ever the problem is it has only increased in time with added medical issues. I am not one that goes to the doctors anymore than I have to and I hate to complain so I always just dealt w/ a lot of irritation and illness's myself, but this time I think enough is enough and I want answers and most of all I want to feel better and live life w/ no pain actually just decreased pain would be nice......I'll suggest the neuro to my DR and see if he will refer me...thanks.....

Old 03-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Good for you, I don't blame you. We know our own bodies better than anybody. Sometimes we have to be our own doctors too.

Closed Thread