It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
(male)

ali8 HB User
Problem > my EYE & 7th cranial nerve disorder

Hello

My problem began about 6 months ago, with my right eye. Whenever I set in front of the computer or the TV or even just looking to some brightening light source, I began to feel 'burn' in my right eye (of course , ‘burn’ is symptom to ‘pain’ ), and I can hardly read anything on the screen with it because everything then becomes blurred. The degree of ‘blur’ isn’t that high, but of course you can’t read correctly when the letters (and every other thing indeed) are blurred rather than sharp and clear. Even worse, if I resume sitting in front of the computer for a larger time (4 or 5 hours) then I begin to feel headache in my right half of brain.

I’ve tested my both eyes 5 times already, and the result was always 6/6 with both of them. I tested them with a computerized testing machine that measures the degree of deviation; the result was positive: I have no problem at all. I must insist that I’ve been to 5 doctors and tested many kinds of medicines:

# Sensitivity eye drop (two types, one of them is FML)
# Dryness eye ointment
# ‘Blink’ eye drop
# ‘Oflox’ eye drop (for the treatment of external ocular organism)
# Vitamins for the eye (B6, B12)

All these medicine were useless. The fifth doctor – who is a first consultative – told me that MY EYE HAS NO PROBLEM AT ALL, AND MY PROBLEM IS NOT CAUSED BY IT, RATHER IT IS RELATED TO THE NERVEUS SYSTEM .

<< But before going to the neurologist I’ve taken a nasal sinuses X-RAY image just to be sure…but the nasal doctor said that there’s no problem with it.>>

The neurologist said that my problem is caused by some residuals of an old disease that infect me 9 years ago: 7th cranial nerve disorder, and therefore he decided that my eye problem is due to this disorder , and prescribed me a treatment just as if I have the 7th CND , which is

# 10 pills of Prednisone tab 20mg (daily)
# 5 injections of Adenoplex Flort (day after day)

Until now , I have taken 4 pills and 2 injections , yes , the remedy hasn’t finished yet , but I didn’t feel better , not even slightly.

NOTE I: in normal conditions, I have no problem in my BOTH eyes at all; the problem starts only with the right eye after looking into a powerful light source or sitting in front of the computer.
NOTE II : the left eye has no problems even when sitting in front of computer.

NOTE III : I don't know how did the neurologist decided that I has 7th CND residuals although I've none of it's symptoms (mouth swelling , tasting sense weakness etc)

NOTE IV : turning the brightness of my LCD monitor to 0% makes things better , but the problem still exist .

ALL I WANT IS TO KNOW WHAT IS THE DIAGNOSIS OF MY CASE ???

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: Problem > my EYE & 7th cranial nerve disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali8 View Post
The neurologist said that my problem is caused by some residuals of an old disease that infect me 9 years ago: 7th cranial nerve disorder, and therefore he decided that my eye problem is due to this disorder , and prescribed me a treatment just as if I have the 7th CND , which is

# 10 pills of Prednisone tab 20mg (daily)
# 5 injections of Adenoplex Flort (day after day)
Sometimes a bacterial infection can infect the cranial nerves, causing the problems you describe. If it indeed is an infection, the prednisone will make your health worse---the vision problems may come and go and new symptoms, unrelated to your vision, may appear. I would be very, very leary of taking prednisone given your doctors aren't in agreement as to the cause of this condition.

And if you are from the UK or Australia, I definitely would be leary given the number of posts coming from these areas with symptoms of an undiagnosed bacterial infection that have the potential for causing these symptoms.

Bethsheba

PS Why did he refer to a disease from 9 years back? What were you diagnosed with at that time??

Last edited by bethsheba; 04-24-2009 at 06:35 AM.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
(male)

ali8 HB User
Re: Problem > my EYE & 7th cranial nerve disorder

hello
first , thanks for the reply
second , could you just translate the word "leary" coz iam not a native english nad this word isn't in the dictionary
third , is the 'Prednisone' bad ?
fourth , iam from the middle east
fifth , 9 years ago , I really had the 7th CND : no tasting sense , mouth swelling , all were direct evidances of 7th CND (to be specific , CND in the right half of my face). I was treated using natural remedy and face massage

REGARDING YOUR QUESTION :
I think he said that because : 1) my case is very strange : it's with my eye but my eye is completly healthy 2)I had had a 7th CND in the right half , and my problem is with my right eye...

Closed Thread